C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

New Plastic Car Added To the Fleet

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 12:59 PM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,884 Likes on 792 Posts

Default New Plastic Car Added To the Fleet

Ok....its not another Corvette....but an Avanti. Its a 1980, Steel Cities Gray (at least its a Corvette Color!) with a red leather interior. Have wanted to get one for the last 30 years....found this one less than a mile from our house. The owner had it listed on a national Avanti owners website....I knew the car from a few years ago, seeing it at some area shows. Interesting history....the guy who I bought it from actually owned it twice. He bought it from the original owner in '83, kept it a few years then traded it on a Mercedes. About ten years later he got the bug again to have an Avanti so he started watching. Came upon one advertised in Pittsburgh....he called and after a little conversation realized it was in fact the same car! He bought it and drove it back here to Knoxville. Lots of upgrades and its in great condition. I know its not a Corvette, but it now sleeps next to two of them in my garage!

[Modified by gilbybarr, 1:06 PM 1/19/2003]

[Modified by gilbybarr, 1:08 PM 1/19/2003]
Old 01-19-2003, 04:28 PM
SILENT BOB
Burning Brakes

Location: Tank sticker? I ain't got no tank sticker! I don't need no tank sticker! I don't have to show any stinking tank sticker!
Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Re: New Plastic Car Added To the Fleet (gilbybarr)

Congratulations!! I also have an Avanti. It is a 64 R-2 4 speed. It sits next to my 67 Vette coupe.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Default Re: New Plastic Car Added To the Fleet (SILENT BOB)

Nice car, I have always liked the looks. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To New Plastic Car Added To the Fleet

Quick Reply: New Plastic Car Added To the Fleet