C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Trailering C2's

Old 02-12-2004, 10:08 AM
FRAC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailering C2's

I know, I know, drive'em don't trailer them.

I have a 67 cpe that I'm trying to achieve the "Bowtie" award with, so I'm going to trailer it until I finish that process.

My question is with enclosed trailers, with appropriate "D rings", how do most folks tie them down. I would assume with straps over the "A" frame on the front, but how do you attach the straps on the rear. The only time that I have trailered it before is on an open trailer with wheel straps, but the enclosed trailer doesn't seem to lend itself to wheel straps.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Frac :) GB
Old 02-12-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Trailering C2's (FRAC)

I have trailered several of our cars in a closed trailer many times, both c2's and c3's. The front is easy to do by feeding the strap thru the front a-arms. I use the heavy duty nylon type straps with the ratchet type lock downs. On the rear I feed the straps around the shock mounts and cris-cros the tie downs. This seems to hold the rear in place very well and I have never had an issue.

Good luck with your bowtie process! :cheers:
Old 02-12-2004, 10:40 AM
FRAC
Racer

Default Re: Trailering C2's (RLH)

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know. I said "A" frame, but I see that you knew what I meant. It is tough growing old mechanically challenged.

Frac :) GB
Old 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
58Vette65
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Trailering C2's (RLH)

On the back and the front I use a short strap about 2 1/2 foot with D-rings on both ends. On the rear I just run them over the axle and use a jacking type tie down strap or A7A straps for the Military folks. I never tie down to the frame!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 04:14 PM
EZG63Conv
Instructor

Default Re: Trailering C2's (58Vette65)

When I had Rally Wheels I would pull the trim rings and pull tie down straps through the slots in the wheels. EZ sends

Get notified of new replies

To Trailering C2's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailering C2's