Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB- 63-67 front end fiberglass

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
vette5797
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB- 63-67 front end fiberglass

Hey guys. I'm looking for any mid year stock style front end. Hand laid, one piece, press molded, original, as long as it has the original wheel well and front headlight configuration. I prefer 67, but I have a set of 67 side panels to convert an earlier front end to the 67 style if needed. Thanks, Gary
vette5797@aol.com
Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Midyearnut
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Midyear Frontend 'Glas

Have you considered a new one piece front end? " ACI", in my opinion, makes a very nice one(handlayed) & they're priced, I think, a round a grand, give
or take. They aren't that difficult to hang. If I can do it, anyone can.
Bob L.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Original nose taken from 1966

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This nose was the original taken from my '66 roadster that someone before me had done some repairs. I don't know the extent of the damage before repairs and did not dig into the bondo to see it the original skin is behind it or if replacement parts were used. The original dark grey top fenders, cowl top, upper and lower center, rear lower fenders and most seam strips are there. It does have all 4 of the head light opening braces that I can send photos of. The passenger side top fender does have a crack aproximately where the cowl starts but it did not seperate from the entire piece. All supports and w/s washer bracket are still intact. A new light grey, PM parking lamp section is also included. I have the box that I paid $60 for that the new nose was shipped in to help transport this unit.

Asking $1575.00; pick up or shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. I used FedEx to get the new nose home and will work with the buyer to locate a mutually accessable shipper.

View some of the photos here and others can be emailed if requested.
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ohey/?newest=1
Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
vette5797
Instructor

Originally Posted by Midyearnut
Have you considered a new one piece front end? " ACI", in my opinion, makes a very nice one(handlayed) & they're priced, I think, a round a grand, give
or take. They aren't that difficult to hang. If I can do it, anyone can.
Bob L.
I would actually prefer a one piece, but the prices I have been quoted have been around 1600. When push comes to shove I may have to pay the retail price, but right now I have plenty of time to look for something useable at a lesser cost.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 AM
rahaul
Pro

Originally Posted by vette5797
I would actually prefer a one piece, but the prices I have been quoted have been around 1600. When push comes to shove I may have to pay the retail price, but right now I have plenty of time to look for something useable at a lesser cost.
Have a one piece 65/66 front end that I bought new from American Sports Car Design in Maryville TN. Started to build a "midyear trailer" to pull behind the 65. Changed my mind. Would take $975. I'm in NW Arkansas.
Also have all the pieces from my 65 front end after hitting a mule deer in NM in 1995. Some assembly required.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
out2kayak
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 271 Likes on 129 Posts

Did the headlight motors survive? If so and you would not mind parting with them, PM me with the desired price.

My '64 is missing almost everything in front of the firewall (frame, engine, and radiator are there, but that's it). What else do you have that you are willing to part with?

Thanks,

-- Joe
Old 09-14-2009, 07:24 PM
rahaul
Pro

Originally Posted by out2kayak
Did the headlight motors survive? If so and you would not mind parting with them, PM me with the desired price.

My '64 is missing almost everything in front of the firewall (frame, engine, and radiator are there, but that's it). What else do you have that you are willing to part with?

Thanks,

-- Joe
No headlight motors. Lots of fiberglass pieces with deer **** still on them. We were on the NCRS Road Tour to the Nationals in Steamboat.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
vette5797
Instructor

Originally Posted by rahaul
Have a one piece 65/66 front end that I bought new from American Sports Car Design in Maryville TN. Started to build a "midyear trailer" to pull behind the 65. Changed my mind. Would take $975. I'm in NW Arkansas.
Also have all the pieces from my 65 front end after hitting a mule deer in NM in 1995. Some assembly required.
Hey Rahaul. I am interested in your front end. There was an ACI one on ebay a couple weeks back that I missed out on. It went for $800 and I missed by one bid. Is the ASCD about the same quality as ACI? Does it have the headlight header and brackets installed? Could you send any pics and/or further info on it to vette5797@aol.com. Thanks, Gary

Also, do you or anybody you know come through Memphis occasionally that we could pay to bring it this way and save a little on shipping?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:45 AM
rahaul
Pro

Originally Posted by vette5797
Hey Rahaul. I am interested in your front end. There was an ACI one on ebay a couple weeks back that I missed out on. It went for $800 and I missed by one bid. Is the ASCD about the same quality as ACI? Does it have the headlight header and brackets installed? Could you send any pics and/or further info on it to vette5797@aol.com. Thanks, Gary

Also, do you or anybody you know come through Memphis occasionally that we could pay to bring it this way and save a little on shipping?
Will get pics today. If we get together on price, I could bring it to LR. Our kids live there and we look for excuses to come down. (3 hr drive). I'll try to shoot pics that show what you are asking. Haven't looked at it very close for a while but best I remember it has brackets.
Do not know about quality comparison.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
LSUvetteguy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by rahaul
No headlight motors. Lots of fiberglass pieces with deer **** still on them. We were on the NCRS Road Tour to the Nationals in Steamboat.
Not to hijack the thread but I attended that show and the vintage races held at the same time. Just about a perfect weekend. A couple of friends and I camped next to the Yampa river, and in the mornings you could hear the race cars running laps as the sounds echoed up the valley. Camping next to us was a guy in a 57 Porsche Speedster who had driven in from California. I often wonder why Steamboat rejected the show in later years?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:06 PM
rahaul
Pro

Originally Posted by LSUvetteguy
Not to hijack the thread but I attended that show and the vintage races held at the same time. Just about a perfect weekend. A couple of friends and I camped next to the Yampa river, and in the mornings you could hear the race cars running laps as the sounds echoed up the valley. Camping next to us was a guy in a 57 Porsche Speedster who had driven in from California. I often wonder why Steamboat rejected the show in later years?
No problem on the hijack. Was that 1995? Had forgotten about the vintage races. The road tour there I will never forget. Hit the mule deer in Chama, NM. My 65 got parked out front with some special collection Corvettes. I got the hardluck award. Wasn't pretty to look at but it made the trip. Howard and Barbara ? were in charge of the event and gave me a nice NCRS Steamboat Springs Banner that I still am fond of. They said most guys would have trailer the car home instead of patching it up and driving it.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB- 63-67 front end fiberglass

Quick Reply: WTB- 63-67 front end fiberglass