Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB: 1967 Seat Back Release Lever Asm

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 05:46 PM
PreviousOwner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1967 Seat Back Release Lever Asm

Need complete inner assembly. Have outside release **** but all internals are MIA. Used and/or grunged up is certainly fine as long as functional. Brief research tells me the driver & passenger pieces are interchangeable. Referring to Long Island Corvette catalog,it is detailed in Section 16. Don't have access to my AIM currently & have not sourced out anywhere else. Was just handed the LIC page by upholstery shop. Thoughts/ideas/sources appreciated.
Thanks,
PO
Old 05-11-2017, 12:05 AM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by PreviousOwner
Need complete inner assembly. Have outside release **** but all internals are MIA. Used and/or grunged up is certainly fine as long as functional. Brief research tells me the driver & passenger pieces are interchangeable. Referring to Long Island Corvette catalog,it is detailed in Section 16. Don't have access to my AIM currently & have not sourced out anywhere else. Was just handed the LIC page by upholstery shop. Thoughts/ideas/sources appreciated.
Thanks,
PO
I was looking for some of the same pieces for my 67 seats and looks like it's all available from Paragon Corvette as well. That's who I plan to use.
Chris
Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 PM
PreviousOwner
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrTrim
I was looking for some of the same pieces for my 67 seats and looks like it's all available from Paragon Corvette as well. That's who I plan to use.
Chris
Thanks Chris. Went ahead with LIC thinking it would be quick & easy. Mixed results on that experience (for another time). Now, the shop tells me I am missing the major metal assembly from the seat frame back that holds all the springs & latches & appears to have been welded on. After eyeing it, looks like someone in the past cut it off. Will try to post a pic, but, back to the forum for advice. Thoughts or ideas?

Notice nice clean cuts
Old 05-19-2017, 12:00 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

I think you should look for new seat backs.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:47 AM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

PO,
That's a bummer my friend. Not sure where you will get that part of the seat. Maybe if someone has a rusty set they might part out? You might call my pal David @1-310-329-5334, maybe he can help....but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Chris
Old 05-26-2017, 05:00 PM
PreviousOwner
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrTrim
PO,
That's a bummer my friend. Not sure where you will get that part of the seat. Maybe if someone has a rusty set they might part out? You might call my pal David @1-310-329-5334, maybe he can help....but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Chris
MrTrim, called him and sent pics. No response as of this writing. Bumping this to the top in case anyone has a rough '67 seat back frame they'd want to sell. Only really need the lower assembly corner to be could as it looks to weld on. Have already bought the rest of the latches and springs.

Thanks all,
Have a great holiday,
PO

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 Seat Back Release Lever Asm

Quick Reply: WTB: 1967 Seat Back Release Lever Asm