Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

FS: RADIATOR; '66; small-block; automatic w/ a/c

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 02:53 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Received 143 Likes on 99 Posts

Default RADIATOR; '66; small-block; automatic w/ a/c

Asking price reduced to $350 (Aug 5 2017)

I swapped in a big-block and won't be going back to a small-block. My factory small-block radiator is looking for a good home. It was working fine before I removed it. I did take it to the radiator shop and they boiled it and pressure tested it. It's fine. It is showing its age a little on the connection pipes and drain valve. I'm asking $350 plus pay shipping or pickup locally in Massachusetts. I'm entertaining offers but if you offer less you'll have to wait to see if somebody pays the $350.

I also have the shroud, bracket, hardware, overflow tank if you want the complete set. If you want all that stuff, IM or email me. This post is just to sell the radiator.

Feel free to ask questions. Thanks.

Last edited by DiabolicalDave; 08-05-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:57 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt
Old 07-09-2017, 02:14 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt
Old 07-22-2017, 10:18 PM
RLMeyers
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a replacement for my Swiss cheese original. Is yours still available? I'm a little gun shy when it comes to 50 year old aluminum radiators. Any reassurances you can provide?

Thanks, Bob
Old 07-23-2017, 07:33 AM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Originally Posted by RLMeyers
I am looking for a replacement for my Swiss cheese original. Is yours still available? I'm a little gun shy when it comes to 50 year old aluminum radiators. Any reassurances you can provide?

Thanks, Bob
Really the same stuff I said in the post. It was fine when installed; no leaks and no other issues. I had it boiled and tested and they said it's good.

We have a weekend trip planned in a couple of weeks. We'll be driving on MassPike west into New York. I can bring the radiator with me.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:43 PM
RLMeyers
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabolicalDave
Really the same stuff I said in the post. It was fine when installed; no leaks and no other issues. I had it boiled and tested and they said it's good.

We have a weekend trip planned in a couple of weeks. We'll be driving on MassPike west into New York. I can bring the radiator with me.
Thanks for the response, Dave. Seeing what Northeast winters did to my radiator, I was hoping you would tell me that it wasn't driven in the sand/salt, that the fins aren't corroded etc. $400 sounds like a fair price, but still a significant percentage of a "correct" replacement to risk if it has life issues. You mentioned small block automatic with AC. Do you know if there a difference between that and one for small block, 4 speed, w/o AC? My radiator core support frame is corroded on the bottom also. Are you selling your original? If so, is it in good shape and compatible with a non-AC 66? What would you be asking for it , and for the expansion tank?

Thanks again,
Bob
Old 07-23-2017, 03:56 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Originally Posted by RLMeyers
Thanks for the response, Dave. Seeing what Northeast winters did to my radiator, I was hoping you would tell me that it wasn't driven in the sand/salt, that the fins aren't corroded etc. $400 sounds like a fair price, but still a significant percentage of a "correct" replacement to risk if it has life issues. You mentioned small block automatic with AC. Do you know if there a difference between that and one for small block, 4 speed, w/o AC? My radiator core support frame is corroded on the bottom also. Are you selling your original? If so, is it in good shape and compatible with a non-AC 66? What would you be asking for it , and for the expansion tank?

Thanks again,
Bob
Oh, I did not understand your question.

I bought this Corvette in 2014 from the second owner in Wichita, Kansas. He told me that it was never driven in the winter. Based on the condition of the undercarriage and frame, I believe him. As far as I can tell it's not corroded.

I don't know if there is a difference between this radiator and one for a 4-speed w/o A/C. I mentioned exactly what it came out of in case the buyer knew and cared.

Regarding the core support, that gets a little complicated. My original core support is still in the Corvette. I have bought a correct big block core support which I will swap in at some point. My core support is perfect. I had it out when I swapped in the big block. It is pristine. But, it's still in the car. When I swap in the big block core support, then I will be wanting to sell my original core support.

What I'd ask for it; not sure yet. Same with the expansion tank (not in the car and is perfect). I guess I'd have to go look at what they're going for. My general approach is to not give stuff away but also not try to get rich. I actually want somebody to use these parts rather than have them rot in my attic.

Maybe we should have a phone call.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:55 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt
Old 09-23-2017, 10:09 AM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt
Old 10-21-2017, 05:55 AM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt
Old 11-12-2017, 09:54 AM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt
Old 11-12-2017, 08:53 PM
66blackvert
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does it have a part number and date stamp?

Originally Posted by DiabolicalDave
Ttt
Old 11-13-2017, 06:40 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Originally Posted by 66blackvert
Does it have a part number and date stamp?
If you can tell me where to look on it, I'll got have a look and let you know.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:13 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To RADIATOR; '66; small-block; automatic w/ a/c

Quick Reply: FS: RADIATOR; '66; small-block; automatic w/ a/c