Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB: C2 Trailer Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 11:22 AM
DucatiDon
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Default C2 Trailer Hitch

My wife picked up a 1965 LoLiner trailer, and wants me to pull it to her vintage trailer meet with the Vette.

Sooo...anyone have a C2 hitch laying about?

D
Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
fisheson
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

WOULD THAT BE FOR THE 3/4 OR ONE TON MODEL
The following users liked this post:
nlneilson (02-12-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:35 PM
DUBS66
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one around here give me a day or two to check
Old 02-12-2018, 02:24 PM
nlneilson
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What are the options for an '84 c4 ??

I should be getting a 'carrier' to put the front wheel of my motorcycle on to move it without a trailer.

Amazon Amazon

That fits in a 2 inch receiver. The bike is a Kawasaki 1000 x police

(note: I do not intent to flat tow my Dodge Dually behind the C4
Old 02-13-2018, 02:47 PM
DucatiDon
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

The only option I have found for a C2 involves drilling holes in the bumpers. (I imagine its the same for chrome bumper C3s) I have never seen an option for a C4...theres nothing to bolt it to.

I imagine you could jigger something up to the differential case.... >shrug<

D
Old 02-13-2018, 02:58 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by DucatiDon
The only option I have found for a C2 involves drilling holes in the bumpers. (I imagine its the same for chrome bumper C3s) I have never seen an option for a C4...theres nothing to bolt it to.

I imagine you could jigger something up to the differential case.... >shrug<

D
About 20 years ago I took my 66 coupe to a shop that remove the rear valance and fabbed a structure attached to the rear frame with a receiver tube. It had a hole drilled through the bottom and top of the receiver tube with a nut welded on the top so you could secure the ball mount when you wanted to use the trailer hitch. Put the valance back on with a square hole cut in it and the license plate on a "door" from a car that had a gas fill tube behind it originally. You never knew it there unless you were pulling something.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:13 PM
fuely
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 68hemi
About 20 years ago I took my 66 coupe to a shop that remove the rear valance and fabbed a structure attached to the rear frame with a receiver tube. It had a hole drilled through the bottom and top of the receiver tube with a nut welded on the top so you could secure the ball mount when you wanted to use the trailer hitch. Put the valance back on with a square hole cut in it and the license plate on a "door" from a car that had a gas fill tube behind it originally. You never knew it there unless you were pulling something.
There is a Valley Brand Hitch from back in the day that utilized the differential and the two inside bumper bolts. It was a very substantial hitch and the tongue would drop down to release the spare tire by pulling a pin. It was supported ( the tongue) by brackets under the differential and a bracket bolted to the two inside rear bumper brace bolts. This did not require any drilling or cutting or modifying whatsoever.I pulled a two wheel trailer many miles behind a 63 Fuely coupe, one time with two big block engines, two small block engines and six split rims with tires. This was done by carefully balancing the load with very slight tongue weight and slow careful take offs and braking. If I have time to dig it out I will try to post a photo of it soon.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:51 PM
nlneilson
Advanced

Default hitch for C4

Originally Posted by fuely
There is a Valley Brand Hitch from back in the day that utilized the differential and the two inside bumper bolts. It was a very substantial hitch and the tongue would drop down to release the spare tire by pulling a pin. It was supported ( the tongue) by brackets under the differential and a bracket bolted to the two inside rear bumper brace bolts. This did not require any drilling or cutting or modifying whatsoever.I pulled a two wheel trailer many miles behind a 63 Fuely coupe, one time with two big block engines, two small block engines and six split rims with tires. This was done by carefully balancing the load with very slight tongue weight and slow careful take offs and braking. If I have time to dig it out I will try to post a photo of it soon.
Thanks fuely If you can find the picture I would like to see it. Reese may have something.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:36 PM
DUBS66
Intermediate

Don
Sorry I forgot all about this until I saw someone replied to your post. I found the hitch it is a valley hitch like fuel described. It's pretty heavy. It was the first thing I took off the car when I bought it. Not sure what to ask for it? Let me know if your interested.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 PM
nlneilson
Advanced

Originally Posted by DUBS66
Don
Sorry I forgot all about this until I saw someone replied to your post. I found the hitch it is a valley hitch like fuel described. It's pretty heavy. It was the first thing I took off the car when I bought it. Not sure what to ask for it? Let me know if your interested.
Yes I may be interested. I just got the car today so have not been able to see what it can be attached to.

Do you have a model number? I will have it easily removable. I have an '84 C4. My error in getting this thread in the C2 section.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:18 PM
DUBS66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nlneilson
Yes I may be interested. I just got the car today so have not been able to see what it can be attached to.

Do you have a model number? I will have it easily removable. I have an '84 C4. My error in getting this thread in the C2 section.
This is for a C2 came off a 66. Won’t fit your 84 sorry
Old 02-14-2018, 06:16 PM
jrs 427
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

I have the exact same one. Factory made off one of the coupes I have. Heavy to ship. Anyone in the midwest need one ???
Old 02-14-2018, 07:41 PM
nlneilson
Advanced

Do you have a model number?
Can you post a picture of it?

I have an '84 C4 It probably will not fit but maybe it could be modified.
Neil
Old 02-18-2018, 10:39 AM
blackvette7661
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Hitch

I have one that was taken off a 64 a long time ago, It looks like it bolts to the bumpers. Its made by Drawtight and says corvette on it.
The following users liked this post:
nlneilson (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 01:32 PM
nlneilson
Advanced

Originally Posted by blackvette7661
I have one that was taken off a 64 a long time ago, It looks like it bolts to the bumpers. Its made by Drawtight and says corvette on it.
Thanks blackvette7661

I did more research, Reese makes one and Curt makes one also. I like the design of the Curt the best but it only has the 1 inch receiver. Part #11705

The concept of towing My Kawasaki 1000 police : 596 lb (270 kg) with a front wheel carrier during a rapid stop (not an emergency stop) the load on any hitch would be much greater than acceptable. on a trailer with brakes it may be OK but I do not want to use a trailer.
Neil

Last edited by nlneilson; 02-18-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Trailer Hitch

Quick Reply: WTB: C2 Trailer Hitch