Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADDICTED TO--> Late 60's Big Blocks!! *I need help*

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Nothing wrong with early BB Camaros. The 69 pictured is definately a really nice car and a keeper. They dont make them anymore and the prices of BB`s keep going up. I currently have three of them. All correct BB SS`s of which two have the RS option and one even with factory air. Only the 67 SS/RS 396/375HP L 78 4 speed car currently has it`s original engine. The other two are 68`s sporting transplants of a 1966 L72 427 with factory air and a plain SS with a LS7 454 both with turbo 400`s. The numbers matching engines of the last two are safely stored. I refer to them as "Baby Vettes". Vettes, Camaros, and Harleys are the best of all worlds. all visable in my Corvette Photos on the side. Two types of BB Chevy people, those that have them and for the rest, those that want them. Sorry, I can`t help, all I can do is join you, i`m hooked too.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:22 PM
68 Yellow 468
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironcross
Nothing wrong with early BB Camaros. The 69 pictured is definately a really nice car and a keeper. They dont make them anymore and the prices of BB`s keep going up. I currently have three of them. All correct BB SS`s of which two have the RS option and one even with factory air. Only the 67 SS/RS 396/375HP L 78 4 speed car currently has it`s original engine. The other two are 68`s sporting transplants of a 1966 L72 427 with factory air and a plain SS with a LS7 454 both with turbo 400`s. The numbers matching engines of the last two are safely stored. I refer to them as "Baby Vettes". Vettes, Camaros, and Harleys are the best of all worlds. all visable in my Corvette Photos on the side. Two types of BB Chevy people, those that have them and for the rest, those that want them. Sorry, I can`t help, all I can do is join you, i`m hooked too.
My man, I think you have it worse than I do! You have the start of a museum on your hands.

danboback - I've always liked Chevelles as well. My next purchase would probably be a early 70's trans am though. Good stuff!

Bryan
Old 03-30-2005, 05:27 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default I love big blocks too preferable Corvettes used to have a 454 and was looking again

For a C-3 427 or 454 BB factory stockbut couldn't find one in decent shape and most of them were too chopped up (customized)so I ended up getting a new C-6 which will make toast out of any of those old BB and outperform yesteryear cars in every performance category and get good gas mileage at the same time.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 PM
68 Yellow 468
Racer

Originally Posted by LS WON
For a C-3 427 or 454 BB factory stockbut couldn't find one in decent shape and most of them were too chopped up (customized)so I ended up getting a new C-6 which will make toast out of any of those old BB and outperform yesteryear cars in every performance category and get good gas mileage at the same time.
That's the beauty of car fanatics; they all want something just a bit different out of their cars. BTW, I spoke with a friend of yours from Dallas today by the name of Nick - good dude. Also, excellent job on the LS1/6 speed installation; I couldn't dream of doing something like that on my own.

My goal with the vette is to have something that will outperform (in a straight line at least) the best production cars of today: new vettes, vipers, etc, while at the same time being driver friendly with good brakes and such. In fact, the only reason I just purchased larger injectors, the fuel system to support it, and a set of AFR heads is to make sure I have enough in reserve when I do run into a new Z06 at some point. That's just my deal though and I realize it's different for everyone.

Motor wise, the Camaro will be left alone. The only thing I plan on doing there is breaking it in and then getting it on the dyno for some proper tuning.

B.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:47 PM
garagedweller2
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my dream cars, 1st gen Camaro in Lemans Blue, Tahoe Turquoise of Monaco Orange
Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 300ZXTwinTurbo
My man, I think you have it worse than I do! You have the start of a museum on your hands.
Yes, it`s a continuing bad habit. It looks like your the only one that read my post though. I have been told that before, even by the NHRA. I think I do have a bunch of rare pieces however. A really nice feature about them is that most of the toys were purchased brand new. No need for history checkups all over the country to see if they are correct and what they are suppost to be. A frequent question when using one if they dont know me, "Is the milage correct, seems awful low?" Hell, I can`t drive them all at once. And all are very good runners. If I happen to get beat which is very rarely, I just go home and bring one back thats a little quicker to match the situation. But it`s fun.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:44 PM
70_Shark
Racer

Bryan,
Very nice! Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use your SS for my computer wallpaper for awhile. My first performance car(cannot call it muscle) was a '67 Camaro with three-on-the-tree and a 6-banger. Surprisingly powerful and learned how to repair them from all the times I crashed it.

Dan
Old 03-31-2005, 11:54 PM
68 Yellow 468
Racer

Originally Posted by 70_Shark
Bryan,
Very nice! Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use your SS for my computer wallpaper for awhile. My first performance car(cannot call it muscle) was a '67 Camaro with three-on-the-tree and a 6-banger. Surprisingly powerful and learned how to repair them from all the times I crashed it.

Dan

Dan - Use away my man!
Three on the tree eh? I learned to drive on an old truck with a three on the tree. Definitely a classic.

B.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:26 AM
DropTopBigBlock
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zoinks! good looking car!!

Quick Reply: ADDICTED TO--> Late 60's Big Blocks!! *I need help*