C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I never had so much fun destroying a car!!!

Old 04-01-2005, 10:06 PM
meangreenie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I never had so much fun destroying a car!!!

I live in an apartment complex, but the nice thing is that we do have garages. I have one garage for the Vette & one for my motorcycles. My "Winter beater" stays outside, but I recently replaced the "beater" (1988 Celebrity) with an Infiniti J30. Transferred the plates & insurance to the J30. Was planning to sell the Celebrity shortly. The cops tagged my Celebrity for removal within 48 hrs, and they do have that right through the apartment complex. Legal way to steal a car, I say! I can understand not wanting a bunch of junker's around here, but I just got the other car a week ago. The cops aren't gonna auction off my car, and spend the money on a party!!! The car wasn't much to look at. And a guy made me an offer to buy the car.

Let those Cops try to sell the car now!!! I can't even explain how much fun I had messin' up that car. The small amount of money I may have lost couldn't buy me the fun I had F%@king it up. I bought two bottles of crazy glue, and glued everything that moves. Door locks, windows, door latches, radio controls, brake pads to rotors, you name it I glued it. Don't know if it will all hold, but it's pretty messed up. Also ripped everything out of the engine compartment, which was the most destructive yet quick & easy. Cut serpentine belt, removed all caps, dip sticks, and anything that wasn't bolted down.

Also, I have this one Chinese neighbor, and he is so damn nice, and soft spoken. I'm not a loud mouth by any stretch, but I really feel I need to be very calm around him. Of course he ends up coming by while I'm pouring "Sunny D" into the crankcase, go figure! He says, "Oh working on the car, what are you putting in there?" I told him he didn't really want to know. But he did want to know, and I told him what I was doing. He probably thinks I'm nuts, but understands my attitude?

Thanks for the ventilation!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Liquid soldier works well in the engine and transmission!!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:29 PM
meangreenie
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Liquid soldier works well in the engine and transmission!!!!!
Hadn't heard of it, but sounds like it would have come in handy.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks. That was great. I'm laughing my butt off.
Sorry you lost the extra cash, but it sounds like you had a ball.
Brake pads to rotors
Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

I knew a guy who had a 70 LT-1 car and just had the engine rebuilt. Some guy who hated him one night removed the left side gille and reached up and pulled the hood cable, opened the hood and poured liquid solider in the oil.

The next day he came out to go to work and made it two blocks and threw a rod out the side of the block.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:50 AM
ngcolby
Pro

I bet that was one heck of a stress reliever....

great story
Old 04-02-2005, 06:15 AM
meangreenie
Racer

Thanks for your support
Old 04-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the tires off and break the studs off.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:34 PM
79inSD
Racer

Make it fun for the tow truck guy. Maby take some pics of them trying to pick it up.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:54 PM
BanGnGearS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the funniest thing i've ever heard.. I would definitly wait and take pictures, then post them here so we can really laugh. I would never think of going through the trouble to **** someone off like that. But put some sugar in the tank before they take it, if you didn't glue it shut.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:02 AM
meangreenie
Racer

Well, I just checked, and the car is still there. You never know when they will come. I've seen some cars tagged for about a month before they took it. But I had an old Monte Carlo, which I was going to sell yrs ago, and they took that one in 2-3 days. They do like to do the towing in the middle of the night, probably for their own safety? Wish I could watch them, and take a few photos to post. Thanks for suggestions on further destruction. Don't get me wrong, I would never do this to someone else's car, but since it's mine, I guess I can have all the fun I want with it. I just might use a few of your ideas today. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2005, 12:03 PM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Hate to poop on your parade, but...

When they impound a car/boat here (and in Calif), the last registered owner usually gets a bill. Future driver's license renewals and vehicle registrations are put on hold until paid.

In the course of your destruction, you might want to remove the VIN tag!

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 04-03-2005, 12:21 PM
meangreenie
Racer

Originally Posted by 74FLCONV
Hate to poop on your parade, but...

When they impound a car/boat here (and in Calif), the last registered owner usually gets a bill. Future driver's license renewals and vehicle registrations are put on hold until paid.

In the course of your destruction, you might want to remove the VIN tag!

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Thanks for the heads-up. But around here...You pay for towing & storage if you want your car back. If you don't calm it, they auction it off after 30 days.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:19 PM
onaqwst
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

cut the hood release cable and put some vasaline under the handles and where u would thing they might touch the car for towing...... u could also but some milk in an open container in there and let it spoil....get a whif of that in a few days

b
Old 04-03-2005, 09:34 PM
sewright
Instructor

Just call a tow company (look in the penny saver or similar for people asking for junk). Scrap prices are so high, they might even give you a few bucks for it.

If not that, then yank the parking brake on and lock the doors. They'll drag it on the truck, that's fun to watch too. My uncle never cared, just drag them if necessary. Towed one with the parking brake on one day, looked back and it had a nice brake fire going.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:43 PM
redcorvette80
Instructor

way to go meangreenie
Old 04-04-2005, 03:35 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Originally Posted by meangreenie
Thanks for the heads-up. But around here...You pay for towing & storage if you want your car back. If you don't calm it, they auction it off after 30 days.
Legally the tow company can, and sometimes does turn the tow and storage fees over to a collection agency and go after the last registered owner for the fees. Might want to send in a release of liability in friends name lol. I hope the cops don't take your car very soon I'm sure you really love looking at it every day.

Get notified of new replies

To I never had so much fun destroying a car!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I never had so much fun destroying a car!!!