Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has SUMMIT done this to anyone else....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:30 PM
BanGnGearS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has SUMMIT done this to anyone else....

I ordered my engine rebuild parts from Summit on thursday of last week. They told me 2-4 business days for delivery. Now today (thursday) 1 Week later, i get a letter from them to call them asap. They needed to verify my shipping address. This is not the first time I have ordered from them but come on. A full week for a business letter to get to my home. If it is for security reasons that is fine by me, but a full week for the letter. Now i have to wait another 2-4 business days to get my parts! And with this beautiful weather every minute without the vette on the road hurts!

My order was rather large in excess of $1000. But if this were my company I wouldn't send a letter to the address by regular mail. I would get it there asap. Am i wrong here?

Sorry fella's but thanx for listenin to me vent!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:33 PM
tersian
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A letter? Who sends letters anymore?
Old 03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they didn't have your correct phone number (for one reason or another). They called me to confirm when I placed a large order. It must be a fraud protection thing...
Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

only if shipping address is different from billing address on credit card.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:01 PM
88'Cubka
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Nope, i drive down to summit when i need anything.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:25 PM
COMMANDER370
Burning Brakes

I have not had any problems with Summitt.Last order was for over 1200.00
Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Steve's74
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PRNDL
only if shipping address is different from billing address on credit card.
This is the trick. Your order was over $300 and probably being shipped to a different address than your billing address. This almost always shuts it down for fraud prevention. And I've had companies just not ship anything, so I guess a letter is better than nothing.

Steve
Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

The last time I ordered over $1K from Summit they called me up to confirm the order. The parts arrived a few days later. At the time I remember asaking them why they called since everything was going to my home address & they said that its just what they do on all orders over 1k.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

I have had great response and shipping from Summit, but no orders over 1K.

They package great, and usually ship the same day, what more can you ask for?
Old 03-31-2005, 11:04 PM
panchop
Melting Slicks

i gotta tell you i like summit. my blower kit was broken into and had the blower stolen in UPS care on it's way from summit. i called them and let them know. no problem they shipped a new complete kit out that day. that kind of response gets my buisness.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 AM
BanGnGearS
Racer

Thats the thing tho... My shipping and billing addresses are the same. Also, they had my number, so why not call? I also ordered my parts 7 days prior to recieving the letter to call them. It just doesn't make sense to me. I would think any order over $1000 should have some priority on it. They've had my money since last thursday, and now i have to wait around 2-4 more days??? It really chapps my A$$
Old 04-01-2005, 07:44 AM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BanGnGearS
Thats the thing tho... My shipping and billing addresses are the same. Also, they had my number, so why not call? I also ordered my parts 7 days prior to recieving the letter to call them. It just doesn't make sense to me. I would think any order over $1000 should have some priority on it. They've had my money since last thursday, and now i have to wait around 2-4 more days??? It really chapps my A$$
So stop wasting MORE time, give them a call and be done with it! They are very reputable - you don't need to be so suspicious.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:02 PM
BanGnGearS
Racer

Originally Posted by pws69
So stop wasting MORE time, give them a call and be done with it! They are very reputable - you don't need to be so suspicious.
Im not being suspicious, nor am i wasting time. I called them as soon as i got the letter. My problem is the fact that it took them a week to send me a letter to call them, and when i did i found out it will take another 2-4 to get my order in.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:32 PM
luerja
Melting Slicks

Take it easy and chalk it up to Lesson Learned....Call one day and then call and confirm the next... I rather have this happen then someone racking up 4k on my visa.... But then again I totally understand your point...I get it from both private and public sales for delayed deliveries....

So now you know to follow up on your business, take charge, and have it done your way. I never wait for someone else to dictate my shipment…
Communication… Communication… Communication…!

Good Luck,
Jim
Old 04-02-2005, 12:26 AM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Here's what happened when I ordered from a well-known supporting vendor:

1) Shipped 1 item of a 10 item order. Everything else back-ordered.

2) Drop-shipped two items via FedEx to my shipping address (UPS Service Center...I have things shipped there and I pick up). Naturally, UPS doesn't accept FedEx deliveries.

3) Re-shipped above two items via U.S. Mail...again to UPS Service Center... once again returned to sender.

4) Re-shipped via UPS to UPS Service Center...but they used the wrong city/zip-code. No such address.

5) Re-shipped again to my warehouse address. I'm not at my warehouse during the day. No door-hanger. Item returned to shipper.

6) Finally...items shipped to UPS Service Center. I picked them up today. Items initially ordered 3/8/05...

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 04-02-2005, 01:40 AM
BanGnGearS
Racer

Originally Posted by luerja
Take it easy and chalk it up to Lesson Learned....Call one day and then call and confirm the next... I rather have this happen then someone racking up 4k on my visa.... But then again I totally understand your point...I get it from both private and public sales for delayed deliveries....

So now you know to follow up on your business, take charge, and have it done your way. I never wait for someone else to dictate my shipment…
Communication… Communication… Communication…!

Good Luck,
Jim
I thanked the woman on the telephone for the security check that they did. I appreciate that they took that initiative seeing a larger order come through and check it out. I was just confused as to why they waited such a long period to send the letter for me to confirm. At least I know now that this doesn't happen often. No one really had any complaints about the way summit conducts their business. So its now a matter of calling back to confirm delivery status
Old 04-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Aflac
Race Director

Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I orderd from them one time and the stuff was there in a day! I was really impressed!

Get notified of new replies

To Has SUMMIT done this to anyone else....

Old 04-02-2005, 05:59 AM
WESCH
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi

I ordered from SUMMIT 3 times, never over 1000 USD, but from Luxembourg in Europe with a European Credit card and shipping to a collegue to Seattle area. Never had a problem so far.

Günther
Old 04-02-2005, 07:46 AM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Just got a bunch of books and an engine stand a couple of days ago from Summit. They package great??? My engine stand was not packaged at all and only had plastic reinforcement straps around the original box. The box had pretty much disintegrated during shipment and the handle to turn the engine on the stand was missing. I blame UPS (Unreliable Parcel Service) for the banged up box and missing handle.

On a brighter note...my shipment arrived in two days and customer service is shipping me out a handle for the stand immediately after I e-mailed them about the problem. I have no gripes with Summit at all.

Dep
Old 04-02-2005, 02:40 PM
BanGnGearS
Racer

Just got in some of my order, still waiting on many more items.

UPS doesn't really seem to concerned on what there packages look like when they get to your door, especially if it is a heavy item. I can recall numerous times I got packages from them and it looked like they parked on my corner and kicked it to my doorstep. As long as i get it and its not broken im Happy.

Quick Reply: Has SUMMIT done this to anyone else....