Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring diagram for a rear alarm system in my 70

Old 04-03-2005, 08:12 PM
JRP70
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram for a rear alarm system in my 70

I have a rear anti theft alarm that doesn't work. I replaced the switch and still have the following problem. When the alarm is activated and the passenger door opened, NO HORN but the interior lights come on. The interior lights will stay on until the passenger door is shut and the rear alarm is turned off. My son and I checked it out today and there is continuity but the wiring is confusing. Lectric limited electrical wiring diagram doesn't have anything about the rear alarm. Does anyone have some insight here?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 AM
70Donnybrooke
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two switches in the doors. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The front switch is for the interior lights and the back switch is for the alarm. There is also a switch in the engine compartment for the hood. If all the switches work there is a good chance the horn is shot. This is a common problem.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Not 100% sure of this, but I believe the alarm was an option in 1970. If you look in the back of your AIM, in the options section, you should find the alarm installation/wiring etc. It's in the "U" section as I recall.

Also, as 70Donnybrook said, I think he has it backwards. The rear door ajar switches are just for the door ajar light. The front courtesy light switches, along with the extra switch under the hood are used for the alarm. I know that's the case in 69, NOT sure if it's true for 70. Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring diagram for a rear alarm system in my 70

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring diagram for a rear alarm system in my 70