C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ummm...am i gonna get hacked now?

Old 04-02-2005, 03:08 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default Ummm...am i gonna get hacked now?

I have an Ebay rule which is to avoid ANY auction that has an "approved bidders list" or that you have to "email the seller before bidding" Well...... I found an 89 C4 vert (No comments!) on Ebay with 30K miles. The owners claims it was a test mule for Dupont paint and included many pics of the car at the factory being built and on various test equip. The guy even had pics of the documentation. The "Buy it Now" looked pretty good to me at $8900.

So....I email the guy and ask a few questions including how I can "Make the list". By the time I get done sending the email, the listing is pulled and shows invalid. I click the guys feedback (which is 100%) and it shows him as, "no longer a registered user" and I see that they haven't bought or sold for several months.

THE QUESTION....By sending this idiot an email did I just put myself in a position where I'm gonna get hacked or have my ebay or Paypal account being broken into?

STW!

Platato

P.S. The C4 was for my wife. She drives a commuter and always has. She has only expressed an interest in two decent cars in the 13 years we've been married, one is a C4 and the other is a Saleen Mustang. I've got to find her something before she buys another commuter!
Old 04-02-2005, 04:23 PM
72vetteman
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I think that guy posted his car in the "C4 cars for sale" on here the other day. Check to see if its the same and let us know. Scott
Old 04-02-2005, 04:31 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

if you sent him an email then he knows your email address... shouldn't be a major problem If you sent him your bank acct # and credit card # and social security # so you could get preapproved then you probably have a problem.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like some sort of a scam to me.....
Old 04-02-2005, 04:51 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by 72vetteman
I think that guy posted his car in the "C4 cars for sale" on here the other day. Check to see if its the same and let us know. Scott

OH YEAH!

This is the guy! I have no idea whats going on but I aim to find out! Here's the link http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1550287895 His Ebay listing was #4540200507

STW!

Platato

<<<EDIT>>>

The only difference I'm seeing is that the guy is /was selling the car on Ebay for a $8900.00 "buy it now" but he's trying to sell a non-ZR1 C4 for (let me catch my breath) (hope your sitting down) $30,000.00!!!!! I'm now wondering if this is one of those bait and switch moves. Give me all you info and buy it now for $8900 only to find out you owe him $30K

Last edited by platato; 04-02-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ummm...am i gonna get hacked now?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ummm...am i gonna get hacked now?