Sponsored by:

Fair offer for 70 convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM
silver67
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fair offer for 70 convertible?

Just looked at a 70 convertible from the original owner. It's been sitting in a fairly dry garage for 14 years. 75 k on it. Needs seat covers and door panels aren't great. Top and rear window might be savable. (filthy)Tires shot, exhaust looks shot. Frame seems OK. Rear clip was done in 74. 300 hp, auto, ps. Pitted chrome bumpers. Brakes to the floor. One 1 inch crack in the fiberglass by front headlight. Was a daily driver till 91. I'm figuring min $6K in parts to make it a driver again. That's with re-chroming the bumpers and living with the paint. The unknowns are the drivetrain. The drivetrain is original. Also he didn't retain any paperwork. Any idea what would be fair/safe offer. I don't think I would plan on keeping it long term. Thanks for any input.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:37 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

The floor price for 70 Convertibles is around 10-12K. Fully restored you are looking at 20-25K.

If you don't intend to keep it is worth the pain to do the work?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
mstanton
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't plan on keeping it, you would probably be better of finding a car that someone else has fixed up. Unless you do the majority of the work yourself, you can buy a nice 300hp car for less then it will probably take you to make this one nice.

Get notified of new replies

To Fair offer for 70 convertible?

Quick Reply: Fair offer for 70 convertible?