Sponsored by:

Sold for $12,601

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sold for $12,601

Thats it its gone. It sold for $12,601. We are satisfied with the price. It was $1600 over the reserve. I actually had at least $14,000 invested not including my labor but no biggie there. So the difference in calulated loss not including my labor is $1400. Not bad really. We got way more than $1400 worth of enjoyment and good memories from that car, including the Class III eliminator trophy in still lookin at. I did the honers of driving it up onto the trailer. When I climed underneath to attach a saftey chain I inadvertantly got one last burn on my arm from the hot exhaust pipe. Got a nice little mark on my arm to remember her by for a while anyway. It was like a kiss goodbye. For some reason it looked more beautifull than ever up on that trailer. I watched it disappear in the distance as it was hauled away. The new owner is a retired Navy officer who owned a 77 in the past and currently owns a 2002. He is a nice guy and I can tell he appreciates cars so it went to a good home. Below is a link to pics of what replaced the vette and a minivan we owned combined. We are still very much performance enthusiasts and the new vehicle, in addition to being a work in progress, is more family friendly then the 73 Vette. Vette still in blood, crossflags tatoo still on her ankle.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....ry.asp?id=9792

one last shot of my sig pic for the Corvette Forum
Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

what you sell, the truck???
Old 04-07-2005, 11:24 PM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

I'm sure it wasn't easy watching your Vette go down the road. Try to think of all the times you were frustrated or had to spend money on it when you didn't want to. After a few days it won't hurt so bad when You think of the fun times. Are you going to race the truck? Bet it would make a good bracket racer. There are many times that I wish my Vette had 4 seats so I could take my son and wife with me to the track. My wife hates driving out on I75 where you get run over if you're not doing 85 mph.

Last edited by isosceles; 04-07-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:50 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Some times you got to do things you dont want to in life but at least your wise and making the right decisions.You guys dont be strangers ,youll get another one im sure some day.
The wife and kid are on your way down there right now(dundalk,edgemere) for the weekend to visit the family.I had to work.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
FELNGR8
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sorry to see your Vette go

John, I noticed it missing from your carport, then the red truck there. I wondered what happened.

I love my truck, and the rumble of the 350 in it is just fine, but it's not a Vette. Just not the same thrill.

You'll have a Vette again someday. I recommend a good LT1 C4 the next time.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
flood
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Get notified of new replies

To Sold for $12,601

Quick Reply: Sold for $12,601