Sponsored by:

68 titled...body is?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Robd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CGGorman
The exhaust closeout panel (below rear bumpers) is correct for '68. I can't see the rear corners in the picture well enough to tell what shape the clearance lights are on yours. The pictures I posted above are of a no-hit '68 body, so you can compare to those.

What CGGorman is saying is that the "Rear" as seen in you photo is '68 correct, meaning the taillights and backup lights, etc. the side rear marker lights cannot be seen well enough in the photo to tell.
Have fun

Robd
Old 04-17-2005, 12:46 PM
FASGLAS
Race Director

CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Looks like you've certainly gotten yourself a project!! Looks like a perfect "Do it your way" Corvette. Unless you insist on a faithful restoration, you've got a blank canvas. Hopefully the frame is good. Take your time and enjoy yourself.

Post pics, from time to time, as to the progress...

My own Corvette started humbly, (see sig) and will probably be refused to even be allowed to park at Bloomington. C'est la vie.

BTW: This site can be useful if you decide the trim tag is something you want to match however the car turns out. As far as I'm aware, there is no "official" records to dispute/ trim tags.

http://www.trimtags.com/index.html

KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS THE TRIM TAG, NOT THE VIN TAG. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Last edited by FASGLAS; 04-17-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:05 PM
carnutt94
Intermediate

Still how do I or can I find out original color/options etc. with the wrong body tag?? and how do i cure THAT problem. Only power is steering...4 wheel discs...4 core radiator....telescoping wheel.....and yes pics will be posted as confused goes custom
Thanks everyone for your imput.....Allan
Old 04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
CGGorman
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're going custom, what difference does it make? YOU decide what color is right. If it were me, I'd go black with camel leather.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:17 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carnutt94
Still how do I or can I find out original color/options etc. with the wrong body tag?? and how do i cure THAT problem. Only power is steering...4 wheel discs...4 core radiator....telescoping wheel.....and yes pics will be posted as confused goes custom
Thanks everyone for your imput.....Allan
Allan, that trim tag will only tell you the original paint and interiror colors. You will not get any information about other options from that tag, your only hope for that is the tank sticker on top of the gas tank (if it's still there).

Quick Reply: 68 titled...body is?????