Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yesterday was Corvette compliment day!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 10:00 AM
meangreenie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yesterday was Corvette compliment day!

I'm sure we all get many compliments on our Vette's. But yesterday was ridiculous! Everywhere I went people young & old had nice things to say or shout.

Just a few of my favorites were:

An old man saying..."She sure is "purtty."

Teenage girl..."That guy is driving my favorite car"..."Hey, nice car dude."

Passing a school bus, kids yelling..."Sweet car man."

What a great day! Just makes you feel good inside.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:14 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Just yesterday,a gal commented on my exhaust at the gas pumps.She even asked what mufflers I had.Said she does not particulary like silver,but liked mine.Then wanted to know who painted it.

I like to let kids sit in it at car shows.You should see their eyes when they grab the steering wheel...
Old 04-17-2005, 07:20 PM
achalfin
Intermediate

I was working on my car in the driveway today (had an issue with passenger inside door handle). I had to do it in the driveway because it was too dark inside (the sun provided excellent lighting for the work I needed to do).

A guy drove past my house, then proceeded to back up 60+ feet to my driveway and started asking me a bunch of questions 'n such.

It is always fun when you can own a car that sparks other folk's memories and dreams.

Alex
Old 04-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Sacredgrooves
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

entered my 1st show yesterday and had alot of enjoyment talking with people about it. let a few sit in it and get their pics taken. its the kids reactions that i enjoy the most though...reminds me of me as a kid with wide eyed wonder and big dreams
did have a young 30's couple walk by and the guy said "thats a pretty car" in kind of a non-chalante manner and the woman smacked him in the back of the head and said "thats alot more than pretty!!" lol good times
Old 04-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

sure as heck felt like it here too..

had some girl whip out a camera phone on the highway to snag a picture of mine on the way to a hooters trip with a few other vettes (i was the only C3)

then after hooters went over to my buddies college and damn did that get some attention.. every one was lookin, droolin and tryin to score a ride.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:48 PM
ICEMAN59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I went to the grocery store this morning and two teenage boys were staring at the car, when I got out the older of the two said cool car mister, I ask if he wanted to see the engine and he said really. I opened the hood and his chin droped. Then I ask if he wanted to sit in it, he was thrilled, finally their mother said boys we have to go and they thanked me over and over.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:59 PM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has to be one of the sexiest cars ever

The C1 is a classic. The C4,5 and 6's (and I'm sure they hate being grouped together like that) are out and out speed machines, and look intimidating to say the least. The C2 definately looks cool but the coke bottle lines on the C3 are just INSANE

but then again I am biased
Old 04-17-2005, 11:04 PM
wildman378
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmicvette
has to be one of the sexiest cars ever

The C1 is a classic. The C4,5 and 6's (and I'm sure they hate being grouped together like that) are out and out speed machines, and look intimidating to say the least. The C2 definately looks cool but the coke bottle lines on the C3 are just INSANE

but then again I am biased
well said,thats how I see it too!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:05 AM
RATT7
Pro

That reminds me - Last year I was filling the car up at the station and this old guy comes up to me and before he speaks I already know what he is going to ask, "what kind of gas mileage do you get " - I dont know how many times I have been asked this, but it seems that every old guy that has looked at the car this is the first question they ask. I told him I dont know what kind of mileage the car gets, I just put the gas in and thats it. Usaully when they hear this they kind of give me a blank stare. When I ask them what kind of mileage their cars are making they give me the full run down even if their is a strong wind. Pretty funny anyways: cheers
Old 04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
bryan27
Racer

Originally Posted by RATT7
That reminds me - Last year I was filling the car up at the station and this old guy comes up to me and before he speaks I already know what he is going to ask, "what kind of gas mileage do you get " - I dont know how many times I have been asked this, but it seems that every old guy that has looked at the car this is the first question they ask. I told him I dont know what kind of mileage the car gets, I just put the gas in and thats it. Usaully when they hear this they kind of give me a blank stare. When I ask them what kind of mileage their cars are making they give me the full run down even if their is a strong wind. Pretty funny anyways: cheers
I see you've not only met my grandfather, but my uncles as well!
Old 04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
jimmygmartin
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RATT7
I love that Question. My answer: Gas is the cheapest thing I ever bought for this car!!

Get notified of new replies

To Yesterday was Corvette compliment day!

Quick Reply: Yesterday was Corvette compliment day!