C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found mechanic and other problems (long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Fubba
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found mechanic and other problems (long)

I found someone. All I had to do was look in the phone book and there it was...Corvette Classics. I immediately took it up there to two guys who know more about 'Vettes than I've ever seen. They showed me everything up under my car and helped me figure out what I needed to do to it. I also found out that my yokes are eating into the seals of the case in the rear end. Gotta get that fixed too. You can move the wheel up and down when the tire is off the ground. Getting everything done-new u-joints, heavy duty yokes, cleaning out case, all new urethane bushings, springs up front, rag joint, power steering hoses, everything. Said it would take them two days labor. Finally found someone that knew what they were talking about. My power steering was leaking all out of the hoses. My rag joint was broken in half I had a ujoint replaced awhile back and they didn't even tell me about how my rear end was. Also found that my exhaust that was on there when I got it was too small. I have flowmasters and they put the pipe inside the muffler opening when it should be the outside I need a 2.5 inch exhaust system. I've had a lot done to the motor and I found it's actually being choked. I'm actually excited about spending a lot of money to have everything RIGHT for once.

Quick Reply: Found mechanic and other problems (long)