C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Way O\T about building a roof for a dog house. Carpenters\wood workers Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:20 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Way O\T about building a roof for a dog house. Carpenters\wood workers Please help.

Been looking over the net and have not been able to find anything that would help me. Since this is the one and only forum that I am a member of I figured I would check with you guys.

I am building a dog house and have the actual house built and sheeted. It is the length and witdth of a sheet of plywood so That both my huskies will fit. I want to put a roof on it that simply slopes to the back with about a foot over hang on the front. I am thiniking that all I need to do is nail a 2x4 on its side the length of the house and then start from one end and toe nail the roof joist to that all the wayacross and then lay the sheeting. For you carpenters out there will this work? My only real concearn about this method is that the studs will not rest flush on the front 2x4 that gives me the backward angle.

I know this is not Vette related but would really appreciate some suggestions.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

You would get a lot more answers in the OT section. More people read that than anything. You will have 10 answers in about 1/2 hour.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

use a 10' 2x4 rest in on the back of the house and move it forward to get the onerhang and height you want....nail it though the side on top and toe nail it in the bottom... at the bacl just toe nail where it sits on the 2x4 framing....there are lots of small galvanized hangers and strapping available for this also.... its just a dog house right?

Get notified of new replies

To Way O\T about building a roof for a dog house. Carpenters\wood workers Please help.

Quick Reply: Way O\T about building a roof for a dog house. Carpenters\wood workers Please help.