Originally Posted by GDaina
And what is a CRT 427/396?
Someone else said "CRT=Corvette Re-Tard"
Old 05-16-2005, 03:52 PM
pionexxxx
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JB
GOT to be some shill bidding going on. No way in hell is that car worth $40, much less $100K. It's a long way from correct, and like everyone else, I'd really like to know what the hell this mysterious "CRT" engine is.

JB
it's worth 40k easy, 68, big block, 4sp, convertible, with body off restoration. If it was just decent it would bring 28,000 atleast so you buy a decent car and do what they have to it and show how fast it adds up
Old 05-16-2005, 05:08 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JB
GOT to be some shill bidding going on. No way in hell is that car worth $40, much less $100K. It's a long way from correct, and like everyone else, I'd really like to know what the hell this mysterious "CRT" engine is.

JB

Absolutely, I am annoyed that I wasted my time looking at it.

great! fake bidding is now up to $54k. This auction is an insult to anyone who knows even a little bit about corvettes. There is so much misinformation in the text of the auction itself and so much obviously wrong by glancing at the pics I won't waste everyone's time cataloguing all the bs.

omg!!! this description... I think I am gonna... puke...

" This rare specimen of the 1968 427/396 Corvette, equipped with the Muncie M-22 Stone Crusher 4 speed transmission, is being offered on eBay for a limited time. Next stop for this ever so RARE Corvette is Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona. ( we are very curious to know if this beauty will exceed our expectations, and possibly go for over $100,000.00!! The owner of this awesome Corvette, our client, is very busy and missed the last Barrett-Jackson Auction. And it is for this reason only we are offering this fine specimen of a RARE Corvette to the eBay community."

Last edited by PRNDL; 05-16-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by PRNDL
" This rare specimen of the 1968 427/396 Corvette, equipped with the Muncie M-22 Stone Crusher 4 speed transmission, is being offered on eBay for a limited time. Next stop for this ever so RARE Corvette is Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona. ( we are very curious to know if this beauty will exceed our expectations, and possibly go for over $100,000.00!! The owner of this awesome Corvette, our client, is very busy and missed the last Barrett-Jackson Auction. And it is for this reason only we are offering this fine specimen of a RARE Corvette to the eBay community."
If it's "so rare & valuable", why not wait until next year's Barrett-Jackson-surely by then it's value will be $115,000.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
mandm1200
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Borowski
If it's "so rare & valuable", why not wait until next year's Barrett-Jackson-surely by then it's value will be $115,000.
It seems that is what they are trying to do. Find someone who will think they got a deal at say $75,000 in hopes of then going to BJ and selling it for $100,000 or more. People are greedy and will pay out the rear if they think they can make a quick buck. Some people only need to the "sale" sign and they think they got a deal whether they need the item or not. My mother-in-law would have bought 2 tons of horse manurer if some told her buy one ton and get one free.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 AM
WESCH
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi

And that's the reason of this cars being so outrageously overpriced.
Everybody thinks he got a super rare car, regardless of the state of it.
Still like to know more about this CRT engine. Newer heard of any conterrotating blocks ( what they claim it to be ).
The idea of one cylinder bank rotating counter the other one is fantastic.

Günther

Quick Reply: check out this nice 68 on ebay its super nice