Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome mirrors on 80-82??

Old 05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
c3-4me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome mirrors on 80-82??

Getting my 80 prepped for paint. I had bought the large size chrome mirrors to be put on after paint, but now I am having second thoughts. I want the safety and looks of the new chrome, but I don't want it to look "pimped" if you know what I mean, especially against the black moulding on the windows. BTW, I also bought the chrome side vents. I think those will look good no matter what!

Has anybody else put chrome mirrors on their 80-82??? Pics if you got'em!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the chrome side vents on my 81 and like the look of them. As for chrome side mirrors I don’t know what that would look like? I saw a picture of an 80 with late model side mirrors and thought the looked good, even mounted higher than stock so the rear fenders did not block out the view.

BTM, did you get your hood to clear the triangle air cleaner? I had to drop mine to clear. Also where did you get the chrome valve covers from? They look cool.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:14 AM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

I like the looks of the chrome mirrors with the chrome bumpers, and the plastic/fiberglass mirrors with the soft bumpers.

It seems to match the overall aspect of the car.

kdf
Old 05-16-2005, 10:57 AM
c3-4me
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bangkok Dean
BTM, did you get your hood to clear the triangle air cleaner? I had to drop mine to clear. Also where did you get the chrome valve covers from? They look cool.
I bought a new hood from ACI, the high rise 80 version. I had to take out the 3" A/C and put a shorter one in to get it to fit. Valve covers are the Proform ones that are chrome plated. I think I got them from Summit. Not cheap though
Old 05-16-2005, 11:01 AM
c3-4me
Instructor

Originally Posted by kdf1986
I like the looks of the chrome mirrors with the chrome bumpers, and the plastic/fiberglass mirrors with the soft bumpers.

It seems to match the overall aspect of the car.

kdf
Thats what I am starting to think now too Just need to find something more functional than the stock mirrors.

Get notified of new replies

To Chrome mirrors on 80-82??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrome mirrors on 80-82??