Sponsored by:

Reproduction Parking Brake Handle

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Reproduction Parking Brake Handle

Was checking the Corvette related items on ebay and came across this interesting auction... Thought it might be interesting to some of you on the forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

The correct parking brake handles for the 1967-1976 have never been reproduced and the current service replacement (correct for 1977-1982) differs greatly from the originals. This has got to be one of the most difficult parts to find used and in excellent condition... They seem to take a lot of abuse. The last NOS handle that I have seen sold on ebay a year ago for $1,200.

There were actually three handle variations used during the 1967-1976 time period. The one shown in the photo is the style correct for the 1970-1976 model years... I'm curious if this individual is offering all three styles or just later version.

I'm tempted to order one and see what it looks like. From the wording in the ad, it looks as though just the handle is being replaced since there is a core charge mentioned. Not a problem if it is though.

If someone should buy one of these, I'd love to see some high resolution photos!

Regards,

Last edited by Rowdy Rat; 05-16-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. Gonna watch this too.
On a further note:
I've purchased parts from this guy and he is a reputable seller. I got a great price, fast shipping, and honest deal.
Eddie

Quick Reply: Reproduction Parking Brake Handle