C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy an 81 or 82 vette if all things were equal(price,cond,miles,color,etc)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Dog.Soldier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on if you want a auto or manual trans the 82 only came with a auto unless your willing to pay the money to change yours(aint cheap..)
however sense you said all was equal that means there bothe auto and then in that case id go with the 82
Old 06-05-2005, 09:55 AM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I had an '82 Collector and an '80 at the same time. I needed to sell one or the other. I made the decision to sell the Collector '82 because at the time it was bringing more and several other reasons that came into play.

I kept the '80 all o f these years because it was Lacquer paint first of all. I can take a can of Dupli Color code 10 White shake up paint and touch up any rock chip or scratch and wet sand a buff it back to new. This has been done several times over the last 15 years I have owned it. That alone makes it worth it to choose the '80 between the three years of this body.

The next reason is that there are no electronics or sensors to maintain.

No there isn't an overdrive but the lock-up 350 and the 3:08 has great performance and works well with good gas mileage.

I know you didn't identify the '80 as a purchase option, but I'd look at all of it's attributes before I bought a computer controlled base coat /clear coat car, must less two tone with high $ stickers and/ or decals.

jim
Old 06-05-2005, 11:27 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

'82 because of the overdrive!!

Quick Reply: Would you buy an 81 or 82 vette if all things were equal(price,cond,miles,color,etc)?