C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in Kansas City (Olathe possibly)

Old 07-10-2005, 11:04 AM
corvetteatv7
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Kansas City (Olathe possibly)

I live just south of olathe kansas and was wondering if anybody with a driveable car lived close. I want somebody to go cruising with. Of course it might be a while, seeing as how i got stopped last night at 11:30 in the vette, doubled the speed limit and now i have to go to court. That will probably take all of my money i was going to use to build my 400 small block too. But if they don't take my license completely, it would be fun to cruise with somebody.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:21 AM
69vette66
Pro

Hello there are lots of peps here in the kc area. I am on the other side from you Liberty area. Do a search for members in your area. I dont remember how to do the search since the forum changed.
But If you come up north give me a shout.
Larry
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 PM
corvetteatv7
Pro

so nobody else lives in/near kc??????
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 PM
big632
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by corvetteatv7
so nobody else lives in/near kc??????
Im in shawnee,I will be at 103 and metcalf sat winsteads cruise.1-200 cars.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:10 PM
kdzdds
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified

I am in Overland Park... join our Kansas City Corvette Association if you like to cruise... www.geocities.com/motorcity/5153... we meet the second Friday of every month.... lots of C-3's. We are having a large Corvette show on August 13th in Independence, MO......
Old 07-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteatv7
I live just south of olathe kansas and was wondering if anybody with a driveable car lived close. I want somebody to go cruising with. Of course it might be a while, seeing as how i got stopped last night at 11:30 in the vette, doubled the speed limit and now i have to go to court. That will probably take all of my money i was going to use to build my 400 small block too. But if they don't take my license completely, it would be fun to cruise with somebody.
Are you kidding? They take licenses away in Kansas now? When I was in Kansas in the late 70s, only the state patrol gave sizeable tickets. The local cops just took you home and told your parents. I guess times have changed. I remember once getting pulled over for doing near 140mph in my highly modified Olds 442 near Osawatomie. That officer could not beleive how fast the car was. He never wrote me a ticket. He just said to take her to the track.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:28 PM
corvetteatv7
Pro

Originally Posted by Sharky Guam
Are you kidding? They take licenses away in Kansas now? When I was in Kansas in the late 70s, only the state patrol gave sizeable tickets. The local cops just took you home and told your parents. I guess times have changed. I remember once getting pulled over for doing near 140mph in my highly modified Olds 442 near Osawatomie. That officer could not beleive how fast the car was. He never wrote me a ticket. He just said to take her to the track.
Yep but it looks like i am just going to have to pay the near 500 bucks and just let it go on my record. No license suspension or anything but also no deals to keep it off my record for insurance purposes. When they find out it is going to go through the roof, so idk what i am going to do. Guess i will find out when it happens.
KDZDDS-I might have to join. Crusing is the best. How much and where do you all meet? Thanks
Bart
Old 07-14-2005, 09:29 PM
corvetteatv7
Pro

Originally Posted by kdzdds
I am in Overland Park... join our Kansas City Corvette Association if you like to cruise... www.geocities.com/motorcity/5153... we meet the second Friday of every month.... lots of C-3's. We are having a large Corvette show on August 13th in Independence, MO......
Btw, the link doesn't work.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a correct link for the KCCA: http://www.kccorvetteassociation.com

I'm in North KC. I'd love to get out and meet some fellow enthusiasts, but I've got two small children and my wife is currently working on another degree, so my time is limited.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:35 PM
corvetteatv7
Pro

Originally Posted by Ak. Mal
so my time is limited.
Isn't everybodys??

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone in Kansas City (Olathe possibly)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in Kansas City (Olathe possibly)