Sponsored by:

Questions about 77' for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:36 AM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about 77' for sale

I know a guy who wants to sell a 77'. From what he tells me it runs great. He said it has a red interior in pretty good shape. He also says that the body is good and he sprayed it, but it's rough so it would need the paint to be sanded and painted again. He bought a guage cluster (used) and hasn't installed it yet. He wants $2500 as is. From this description, can I make a few bucks off it?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:27 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
C3nMe
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a recent purchaser of a 77 myself, I am curious why a good runner would only be $2500. That part alone kind of scares me.

If it was legitimately undervalued, then you could probably make some money off of it (a good paint job can be 5k +). Most of the ones I saw while doing research were in the 8-15k range, and those needed some kind of work, but were "drivable".

Now, ask yourself why only $2500? I would suggest you get it inspected by someone or a service knowledgeable in classic cars. Vette's can look perfectly decent at a glance and be totally rusted out underneath. It could be flood damaged, totaled, salvage, and unless you call the DMV of the state its currently titled in, you can't use the online services (VIN is too short).

Go forth cautiously, and find reasons to prove it's a good buy, rather than looking for reasons not to. The things to look out for are too numerous to list here, but I found a good Corvette buyers checklist online that helped me.

Brian.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
onaqwst
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

man for 2500, u can't really beat it..... even if u buy it and use it for a parts car, it'll be worth it...... just check for the rust areas though.... and frame/body mounts..

b
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 PM
zymurgist
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd check the windshield frame and the main frame for rust.

IMO, you're not likely to make money off old non-rare cars unless you're parting them out.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Empatho
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by onaqwst
man for 2500, u can't really beat it..... even if u buy it and use it for a parts car, it'll be worth it...... just check for the rust areas though.... and frame/body mounts..

b
Old 07-15-2005, 02:48 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the info guys. Assuming there is no rust, etc. Can I flip it quickly and make $500 to $1,000?

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about 77' for sale

Quick Reply: Questions about 77' for sale