Sponsored by:

Few question about 81 model.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Antonst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few question about 81 model.

Hi. I have some problem about the headlights, when i turn them on after few sec will the right light go up but the left will stay down, sometimes the left will come up after some time... anybody how can give me any tips.

Which online shop is the best, i´m going to buy everything new interiors.

I´m also looking for key for my Alarm system, does anybody know where i can get him, buy new or something.. Please answer any of this questions if you know the answer.

Thanx Toni
Old 07-20-2005, 08:00 PM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

Default 81

You have a vacum problem with your lights. If the hoses haven't been replaced you need to buy a kit and replace them. You also probably need to replace the seals on the actuators, which usually comes with the hose kit. Mine did the same thing and my seals were so bad I didn't understand how they worked at all! A couple hours of work if you've never done it before. Larry
Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Antonst
Intermediate

Thanx Larry. okey i will change this hoses, Thanx Alot.

Toni
Old 07-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

For a vendor that has the parts you need check the online catalogs of some of the supporting vendors. I use Ecklers for most of the parts I used on mine also Zip.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:33 AM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonst
I´m also looking for key for my Alarm system, does anybody know where i can get him, buy new or something..
The factory alarm on a '81 is turned on by locking all the doors, and turned off by unlocking the door with the key. If your is different then you are dealing with an aftermarket alarm. You should be able to get replacement parts for these at the major corvette vendors. Also if they aren't working they could just need cleaned/adjusted.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:43 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Here's a vacuum troubleshooting guide:

http://209.183.231.72/corvette-101/vacuum.htm

That will help you find out where the vacuum is, you may not have to replace everything. Since it's only one headlight with trouble it's like in the hose leading to the actuator or the actuator itself. When they won't stay down and the troubleshooting points to the actuator itself, it's the diaphragm inside the actuator, which usually means replacement time, about $100.

Time to get a handheld vacuum pump, if you don't already have one.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Antonst
Intermediate

There is some problem whit my Fuel Gauge, the needle is always jumping up and down, shudder up and down. does anybody know what is wrong.. It is also in Speedmeter always jumping up and down....
Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 AM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonst
There is some problem whit my Fuel Gauge, the needle is always jumping up and down, shudder up and down. does anybody know what is wrong.. It is also in Speedmeter always jumping up and down....
If the fuel gauge smoothly goes up and down about a 1/4 tank this is normal. If it seems to jump from one point to another your sending unit probably needs cleaned/replaced. As for the speedometer bouncing you probably need to grease the cable. Mine is in need of this too

Get notified of new replies

To Few question about 81 model.

Quick Reply: Few question about 81 model.