Sponsored by:

Door Liner adhesive (77)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:14 AM
C3nMe
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Door Liner adhesive (77)

Well, one more bubba-ism has been abolished! I found that the reason my scisscor assembly was running interference is that the bubba who had the car before didn't put the motor/lift assembly in right (the little metal tabs where not in their slots, and the rust marks where the screws should have been where a dead give-a-way.

Now, that I'm re-assembling the door, I was curious what I should use to re-glue the plastic liner back to the door? I have two different types of gunk there now, and I would love tips to remove it (one is black, and one is white -- the black is hard and needs to come off).

Also, does it seem like an extreme angle that the anti-rattle bumper towards the door handle seems to sit at? I looks to be about 30 degrees, and just seemed a little much -- that seems to be the only way it fits, but I was curious just the same.

Brian.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:12 AM
75 Hot One
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C3nMe
Now, that I'm re-assembling the door, I was curious what I should use to re-glue the plastic liner back to the door?
Brian.
I've used two products- both are strip caulk and stay pliable so you can remove easily in the future. One is gray, from Home Depot in weatherstripping dept. The other is a black butyl rubber caulk I got from an auto supply store.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:51 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I would have suggested the butyl rubber windshield sealer.
You can stretch it thin and use that. In the past, I have simply
used tape on my vehicles ... duct or packing, but you need a clean surface.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pads have a mounting hole and a tab. The tab fits into a slot in the door for out & in adjustment. They may twist a bit when you tighten if the tab hole is worn....but only one way/angle to mount them at.
Eddie

Get notified of new replies

To Door Liner adhesive (77)

Quick Reply: Door Liner adhesive (77)