Sponsored by:

My View of the history of America!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:54 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
canadian? That's grolsch beer, brewn in Enschede the Netherlands and that road is close to my house..a disaster it was indeed but look closely, there's still a lot of those brown puppies alive there
Word is that some guy called Marck was somehow involved with that "accident" in order to later grab a few bottles under the cover of darkness....
By the time news that free Grolsch beer was just rolling around on the highways of Holland reached us, it was to late to arrange the logistics of transport & ferries to get there. Well before it could have been arranged, the Grolsch would have been secreted away in the garages & workshops of various local hot-rodders. A copycat plan was therefore hatched whereby a similar operation would be put into affect on one of the quiet stretches of road near a local brewery. This plan was doomed to failure upon realisation that it was one of the big brewers who churn out the mass produced chemical muck that's sent to various working men's clubs up & down the country, & is also exported in vast quantities to unsuspecting foreigners (some have fought back & we are nw being drowned under a mass import of things like Fosters & Heineken). To spill any of that chemical stuff on the Highway would only risk damaging the surface. An alternative plan to target a small local brewer was immediately shelved as to intentionally spill a single drop of the fine beers from it would be akin to doing reverse liposuction on the local slimmies The "Great Grolsch Grab" didn't have this problem as "there's plenty more where that came from, sonny", so supplies wouldn't be hit. The audacity & sheer simple genious of that operation is still spoken about in whispered, awed tones in darkened corners of pubs up & down the land.
The big unanswered question remaining over "The Great Grolsch Grab" is whether the perpetrators were liberals (wanting something for nothing), or conservatives (just wanting a beer)? Or was it neither? Was it Islamic extremists striking at the very heart of our culture by attempting to cut off our supply of beer?

Last edited by UKPaul; 07-28-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:59 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Liberals run companies and FIRE people as do Conservatives, that's the nature of running a business. Get rid of employees who do not fit in with your business model. Sometimes the worker wins and sometimes he loses. Sometimes the business succeeds and sometimes it fails.

UKPAUL: Just the Almighty's way of letting the faithful have "manna from heaven". Those that grabbed a handful or two did not have to pay any stinkin' Beer Tax!

Last edited by KenSny; 07-28-2005 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:04 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

This is not the place for a political discussion.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:30 PM
glen242
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken, George:

Love your stuff. Yes, it is hard to get good domestic beer. I am partial to Anchor Steam beer or Anchor Porter. Can not get it fresh where I live. Old fall back is Guinniss (sp) when I have the money, or Molson Golden for my everyday beer.

Back when, I used to drink German Lowenbrau. Miller pissed that up after they got the licence. Next was Labatts, I think, and they could not make it correctly. Now it is all imported from Germany, but very few places have it. Used to be, in the 60s, every good restaurant and bar had it. Now it requires a search, and since it is not popular, a lot of old product out there.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by glen242
Ken, George:

Love your stuff. Yes, it is hard to get good domestic beer.
Pfft....Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The best beer on earth, IMO.

Quick Reply: My View of the history of America!