C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How my vette began and how she will end up.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:47 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How my vette began and how she will end up.

First day I had her I ran out of gas on the way home a 75 mile trip. Gas gauge bad. Ran out 10 feet from pump. Get started and float goes out. Get started again and drive and 2 miles from my house lower coolant line blows and soaks dist. and shoots hot coolant over top of car. Amazingly enough I didn't get burned. Head starts leaking coolant from overheating. Drive for 2 months. Decide after filling up many intersections with white smoke that I need to put in my extra 383. Motor goes in. Motor doesn't run right. Why? Damn dist. centrifugal springs dissapeared!!! Give motor to friend figures out in 5 min. Where we are now. 79 vette. 2004r tranny (my first tranny build ) 468 ci big block with 100 shot of n20. (hoping for 700ish horse) 3000 stall. Corbeau racing seats. Still need new suspension . Currently trying to find nightvision USB camera capable of 30 fps for the 7 inch computer lcd that is going where the stereo belongs. Putting in a mini itx computer so that I can have GPS and 40 gigs of mp3's. Have turbo wheels but not sure if I like em. Working on fixed headlights. Have a square set but kinda like rounds. Need big block hood. Need side pipes (have headers) These cars are hell and a damn curse.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:56 AM
SkunkApe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by munday
These cars are hell and a damn curse.
Started with a front-end rebuild and exhaust swap in Dec. Still not finished due to all the other stuff I found along the way. Hopefully I'll have it ready for cruising season (Nov.)...
Old 07-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I started my rear suspension rebuild in January in an unheated garage in PA. It was snowing and about 20 degrees outside while I'm in three layers of sweats on the cold garage floor. I don't even own a creeper.

7 months later and I'm now laying on a very hot and humid garage floor. Instead of wearing sweats I'm sweating thru my t-shirt and shorts it's so dang hot. Still not done. Everytime I take a step forward the cars kicks my a$$ and I have to order more parts. Will the pain ever stop

Get notified of new replies

To How my vette began and how she will end up.

Quick Reply: How my vette began and how she will end up.