Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AZ owners

Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 AM
tersian
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZ owners

I'm moving from a state that is emissions exempt on my 81. Now I am moving to Scottsdale and I see they want emissions testing for all post 1966 vehicles. I also see there is legislation that is on it's way to the EPA to exempt 15 year old and older cars from emissions.

Is there anything else I am missing? If this is the case, I am going to keep my PA tags on my car and just not register the sucker in AZ until the new legislation goes through.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:35 AM
BLACKDOG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tersian - the way I understand it for AZ - emission testing is only mandatory for the Phoenix & Tucson metro areas. I almost moved to Sedona last year, and found out that it was not mandatory up there. SO .... look for an area close to Scottsdale ... Apache Junction, and see if they have mandatory testing there. It might call for a commute, if you'll be working in Scottsdale ... but then everything is a trade-off. Good luck in the desert !!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:14 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by BLACKDOG
tersian - the way I understand it for AZ - emission testing is only mandatory for the Phoenix & Tucson metro areas. I almost moved to Sedona last year, and found out that it was not mandatory up there. SO .... look for an area close to Scottsdale ... Apache Junction, and see if they have mandatory testing there. It might call for a commute, if you'll be working in Scottsdale ... but then everything is a trade-off. Good luck in the desert !!
Apache Junction is in the testing area.

Legally speaking, anyone that commutes daily to Phoenix / Tucson is to be subject to testing. How they enforce that is beyond me.

The EPA exemption could take years. Don't hold your breath. It might not even be approved by the EPA at all.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:39 AM
panchop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm, scottsdale or apache junction. which to live in, not that i am saying one is better then the other but they are at different ends of the spectrum. hell half the cars in the state are registered somewhere else.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

I agree with Bryan, I think this is the second or third try at getting an exemption.
Everyone is hoping it happens one of these times.

Get notified of new replies

To AZ owners

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AZ owners