C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove into HELL (New Orleans) last night...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 AM
the_caged_bird
Drifting

Location: [QUOTE=onedef92;1560052207]Anyhow, he was going Big Daddy Longstroke in her gearbox:rofl:[/QUOTE] TX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^-drivel.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by the_caged_bird
Look, the dude has ***** for going into NO, he has even more ***** for going back.
That I can agree with!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Robd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in the Florida National Guard for many years and just returned from a year deployment to Afghanistan in May and returned to my civilian job as a software quality engineer in July. 2 months to the day after returning from Afghanistan I was deployed to north Florida for hurricane Dennis for 10 days. We waited for the storm to make landfall in Tallahassee and was in the area hours after the storm went threw. I again was mobilized prior to Katrina making landfall and was on standby for 4 days before being released last Monday. I don’t know the ends and outs of what took place but have deployed to many hurricane locations throughout my 17 years of military service. And when I seen that so many days had gone by and the National Guard had still not been deployed I was asking myself why? Don’t know what transpired between the different agencies, but someone dropped the ball. My unit is scheduled to go up there on a security mission November 1st.

Good luck, I wish you well.

Last edited by Robd; 09-06-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:35 AM
71redskin
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what some of you better off folks seem to fail to realize is that all the people who could leave did in fact leave the coast... the ones that were left weren't all welfare folks, they were also people who worked everyday but didn't have a means to leave.... now i'm just as pee'd off about looters and the chaos that went on after as anyone would be, the looters that were taking tv's and vcr's and the like should be dealt with accordingly, but at the same time there were people just getting the neccesities,i.e., food, water and stuff like that... do you punish them for trying to survive? sometimes one should put themselves in other's people's shoes and ask yourself what would you do if that was me. i think most of you would do the same to take care of yourself and your family... i'm thankful that so far in my life i haven't had to make that choice but there's no doubt in my mind that nothing is more important to me than my life and that of my family... material objects are only that, nothing more... just trying to put on different face on the aftermath of a horrendous occasion that no human could have prevented.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow. Most of us didn't know things were quite this bad. I'm glad your OK Corey. The behavior of some of these people is inexcusible, and I wish that good ole Marshall Law would take care of all of them - very quickly.

Quick Reply: Drove into HELL (New Orleans) last night...