Sponsored by:

Ahole bumps my C3 nose

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8T Shark
Thats a good ?.All those spots and they have to park near a classic Corvette.
i raised that same question in another thread just yesterday. dont think any one had an answer there either.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just goes to show you... WAYYYY to many morons drive trucks & large SUV's...and don't have a clue how to opperate them.
Eddie
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 AM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by texaswilkins
Folks get mad at me when I take 4 spots way out away from the store but that's exactly why I do it.Bill
That's they only way I have ever parked my Corvettes - taking up no less than two spots (45 degree angle) that are farthest from the store. I've never had a problem with others parking near it, just people that like to get right on my a$$ at stop lights. Obviously they never think, "What if the guy behind me hits me, then I hit this car...?" DUH!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:12 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kdf1986
Why is it when you park way out somewhere......someone has to park right next to you. Or in your case...right into you.

weird.
I call it "Parking Lot Syndrome." People just have to be near others for some reason.

Think about it.... Ever gone into an empty restaurant, sat at a table with no one around, and next thing you know some loud group of bozos plunks down at the table next to you? Why the hell is that? I'm durned if I know the reason why...but I know it happens all the time.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

BTW: If you don't want to worry about anyone tapping your nose, get one of these. The bumpers are like tank bumpers!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:43 PM
own2vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a C1? Didn't that have the "Blue Flame" engine?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

A friend of mine got lightly rearended at a stop light... fortunately his Nissan Frontier had a tow-hitch hooked up

people that like to get right on my a$$ at stop lights. Obviously they never think, "What if the guy behind me hits me, then I hit this car...?" DUH!
For that reason I try to leave a lot of space in front of me, so if I get one of those I can scoot up to compensate. Of course, often as not, they follow you every inch of the way. I like to be on time as much as the next guy but what are those 2 inches doing for you? Just think people, just think.

-Chris
Old 10-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Glassbowtie77
Melting Slicks

So what exactly was his excuse for parking his truck into you when he had a whole friggin' park lot full of available spots? I hate a$$holes that do that crap out of spite. It's total
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Some of you older members will remember this one.

How about parking your vette in front of your house so you can use the driveway for washing you truck. And having to harleys run into the side of it...

The DWI one day owner of the blue bike wrote me an 8K check to cover the repairs and total repaint...

Old 10-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Aflac
Race Director

Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

i woulda been having to fight off the urge to beat the ever lovin poo out of the guy...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Chopper Larry
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aflac
i woulda been having to fight off the urge to beat the ever lovin poo out of the guy...
Believe me I was ..... He was not much of a challenge, but his broke-dick attitude dang near got me over the top; first denial, then just being a dumbazz, then refusing to show his insurance, etc;
good news is that a local body shop owner (who is painting and installing spoilers on my son-in-law's 78 Anniv, did the job for free yesterday while we waited for his car.
He'll get my business in the future.

Quick Reply: Ahole bumps my C3 nose