Sponsored by:

Ahole bumps my C3 nose

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Chopper Larry
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahole bumps my C3 nose

I go into Home Depot today, park way out in BFE, and come back out with a Blue Chevy truck right up against the nose of my 1980.
I get the store manager to get the owner out there and the guy refuses to give me his insurance; I yell at him that WHY IN THE F did he even try to park right in front of me when there were hundreds of other places to park; the guy stonewalls me until I call the cops and threaten to beat the livin chit out of him; finally he gives in after I tell him he's not leavin. Small dime size chunk out of the tip of the nose.....the guys says "I felt something when I pulled in, but did not know I hit it!". WTF? His insurance says they will pay for it.
Just had a nice $600 paint job done a while back (nice for $600).
Old 10-24-2005, 12:33 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

"I felt something when I pulled in, but did not know I hit it!"

At least he didn't leave before you got there

Next time call the cops first
Old 10-24-2005, 12:40 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

"I felt something when I pulled in, but did not know I hit it!"

If he had half a brain he would be dangerous.....
Old 10-24-2005, 01:05 PM
MILO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should of got the plate number and called the cops. If he leaves it's a hit and run.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 PM
mrjbq
Instructor

You're lucky, in Florida the cops will do nothing on private property
Old 10-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Scottys78
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

what an A-hole
Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 PM
swtato
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by mrjbq
You're lucky, in Florida the cops will do nothing on private property
They won't do anything on private property in Texas as well. Just try and help get to a resolution.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:28 PM
G dad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are the things that make me go wow
Old 10-24-2005, 01:30 PM
jdmick
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 10-24-2005, 01:32 PM
1979L82
Instructor

Originally Posted by MILO
Should of got the plate number and called the cops. If he leaves it's a hit and run.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:35 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there a theme here in Houston? A lady in a Suburban almost rear-ended me over the weekend at a stop light! It felt like my whole life flashed in front of me. I wanted to get out and yell profanities at her at the top of my lungs, but sanity prevailed.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I think mine has be hit at least 4 times in the 8 years I've owned it. Mostly by trucks and a-holes.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:15 PM
texaswilkins
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll come down from Dallas and bring a pickup bed full of whoop azz when you need it. Folks get mad at me when I take 4 spots way out away from the store but that's exactly why I do it.

Bill
Old 10-24-2005, 06:04 PM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MILO
If they drive off here in Australia unless you have a witness theres no chance the other guys insurance will pay......and your own insurance doesn't want anything to do with it either!

Even if you catch them......unless you have a witness its quite difficult. Been in situations before........if they choose to say that your the one that rear ended him (rather than him having backed into you) then its a nightmare that you just end up wearing yourself.

Im glad you confronted that piece of sh&t.....
Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Chopper Larry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by texaswilkins
I'll come down from Dallas and bring a pickup bed full of whoop azz when you need it. Folks get mad at me when I take 4 spots way out away from the store but that's exactly why I do it.

Bill
That's what I did...parked in BFE!
Only reason I called Harris Country (worthless bastards IMO) is because it was gonna escalate to the point where he would try to leave; he was a overly medicated old dude. BUT, I had not whipped azz opn a senior citizen this morning and did NOT like his attitude!
Told em " you might want to get a deputy out here cause we're having a big ole problem. "!
Changed the guy tude.....When I asked for his insurance, He ignored me; I said some fairly bad language stuff and this was his response: "I do not have insurance for profanity"!; I told him "It ain't gonna get any better if you don't show some insurance, and you ain't leavin with an azz-whoppin, til you show some insurance"!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Ladobe
Advanced

Sadly, road rage and personal attacks have become a way of life in this country it seems. Sometimes you just have to take the law into your own hands Larry - glad it worked out for you without a fight.

This worked for me in a similar situation earlier this year that did get physical.

Was at one of those large malls in the truck, driving on a marked 2-lane road that borders their parking lots when a small SUV came tearing out of the drive-up window of a fast food place built in the lot, ignores the stop sign at the end of the driveway and broadsided me. I stopped for the fender-bender, but it took some time to get out as I was on crutches with a crushed hip and broken leg at the time. Soon as I hit the blacktop and turned around this big kid that had about 50 pounds on me was right there in my face, yelling it was my fault and he started pushing this old man around despite being on crutches and one leg. My fault? I was on a roadway with the right of way and he ignored the stop sign coming out of a driveway? I tried to talk it out with him, let the insurance companies handle it but there was no way he was going to settle down, stop screaming/pushing and exchange insurance info. Then when he physically threw me hard into the side of my truck, and that was it. This was not just hot air and pushing anymore, but an attack. The crutches hit the ground and I pinned him to my truck - I'm old, but I'm very strong and can back up getting mean when I have to. Typical of most loud mouths, this kid was all show but no go and settled right down once he realized he couldn't break the choke hold I had on him. I relaxed just enough to let him breathe again, and tried again to reason with him. He wasn't having it, so I used the free hand to grab the cell in my pocket to call 911. Gave the operator our location, a quick rundown of what had happened, and was told they didn't have jurisdiction in a private parking lot. I told her I already knew that, no problem, but if a cop wasn't there in 2 minutes regardless, she could dispatch an ambulance to that location instead because I was going to kill this kid with my bare hands in self defense if one didn't show up. There were several witnesses to the whole thing standing around BTW, but also typically, none wanted to get involved during the scuffle despite the 40 year age difference and me on one leg. A metro officer was there in about a minute, and as soon as he got out of his car, now those witnesses finally chimed in backing me up. I told him I wouldn't release the kid until he'd heard my take of the situation. He told the kid if he wasn't civil when I let him go, he'd be arrested for assault (which he did have jurisdication over). The kid started screaming at the officer, so I clamped down again and shut him up. Believe it or not, the officer smiled at me when I did it. The kid finally agreed, so I released him and we eventually got it all worked out. Bottom line, I didn't press assault charges against the kid and the officer made him exchange insurance info (turned out he was driving without a license and in his Dad's truck without permission - had to walk home). Dad's insurance paid for my damage without question.

Talk is cheap, most loudmouths are just that - full of hot air and its easier (smarter) to just walk away from them. Being physically attacked is different, but swift action on your part will usually prevail if you've made the distinction in your own mind you're in the right and are committed to take it as far as you have to.

Had the officer not shown up that day and that kid kept fighting with me over this silly fender-bender would I have put him down and out? You betcha! I can walk away from a loud mouth NP, but I won't be wronged physically by anyone (and he WAS going to pay to fix the damage he did to my truck).
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

this is the EXACT thing that happened to me in 2000. Inurance paid to fix it but the paint did not match 100%

Get notified of new replies

To Ahole bumps my C3 nose

Old 10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Why is it when you park way out somewhere......someone has to park right next to you. Or in your case...right into you.

weird.

Glad you got some resolution out of that
kdf
Old 10-24-2005, 10:29 PM
c3 in hawaii
Pro

This thread brings back memories, I was in the same situation a few months back. I had just gotten my car out of paint, not even completely put back together, I leave for work one morning and see that the front was hit, carcked the fiberglass and ripped the nose, (which was just replaced). So I call the cops and told them that I suspect it was my neighbor, I had problems with him parking too close to my side. The cop said if I didn't have any witness's I can't prove it. So I make a report and go with it.
I get home later and examine his truck, What do I see on his rear rim, MY PAINT!!.. man was I pissed. So I called the cops back, the same officer comes again, I tell him that my neighbor was the one and there is still paint stuck on his rim. The cop tells me I still can't prove it...WTF!> He calls the guy down and of course he denies it also, the cop points out the paint on the rim, then he says that he didn't realize he hit me, Sorry. The cop then told me I had the right to have him cited for hit and run, But since he was willing to pay for all damages, I chose not to, I got an estimate from the same guys who painted it and it came out to over $1800.00. he paid me on the spot. But if it wasn't for the paint stuck on his rim, he would've gotten away with it. He moved away shortly after.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 PM
ETM
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kdf1986
Why is it when you park way out somewhere......someone has to park right next to you. Or in your case...right into you.

weird.

Glad you got some resolution out of that
kdf
Thats a good ?.All those spots and they have to park near a classic Corvette.

Quick Reply: Ahole bumps my C3 nose