Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires for a 71 Coupe

Old 11-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Apache61
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for a 71 Coupe

I currently have BFG 215 70R15s and they need to be replaced. I like the way they look but would like to replace them with Michelins. Our local Michelin dealer told me that Michelin does not make a lettered tire in that size and Goodyear does not either. Other than the BFGs he can only get Mastercraft or Dunlop in that size in a lettered tire. Anybody else run into this problem or do I need a new tire dealer?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:33 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

The selection of 15" tires is pretty limited these days. In that size, Goodyear has the Eagle LS in outline white letters. It's speed rating is T, which isn't really a performance tire, but off hand, I don't know of any real good performance tires with raised white letters. If you want to go to blackwalls, and a little bit wider, Goodyear has the Eagle RS-A, which has a V speed rating for the 225/70R15. They will be about .6" taller than the 215/70R15. It just depends on whether you want to sacrifice that look you want for a significantly better tire.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
danthony
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache61
I currently have BFG 215 70R15s and they need to be replaced. I like the way they look but would like to replace them with Michelins. Our local Michelin dealer told me that Michelin does not make a lettered tire in that size and Goodyear does not either. Other than the BFGs he can only get Mastercraft or Dunlop in that size in a lettered tire. Anybody else run into this problem or do I need a new tire dealer?
Try a 225/70/15, it's the closest to the stock size on your car in in 71 and you get a few more options like firestone Indy and a few others

Get notified of new replies

To Tires for a 71 Coupe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tires for a 71 Coupe