L88 headlight bucket template

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 PM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
Tony here is the link lol. fgreggracing.com
Thanks, have it. I've been negotiating with him for a package deal on the 200mph speedo, the headlight buckets/covers and a hood.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:05 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blair Winch Project
I did some disassembly of the headlight assembly today but it got dark before I could take pics, but I will tomorrow. I did hold the passenger assembly upside-down in the driver's side opening and it looks just like the normal open position, only worse. I can understand the reasoning behind flipping the assemblies for racing and leaving the headlights fixed in the open position, but the lexan covered lights I have seen here on the forum have the bulbs recessed almost level with the rear opening. Flipping the assemblies will not produce that look. The pics will show what I mean.

Rick B.
OK, I had a PM from Mike that explained why I thought the reversed headlight looked so bad. This is the way I was holding the assembly originally:

i didn't have the support bar or the hanger on the car so I was holding the asembly flush with the opening. Taking into account the location of the support bar and pivot locations the assemblies would look more like this:

It looks like you would need to fabricate some filler panels to give the installation a more finished appearance.

The assembly could probably be recessed even further back, but I was limited by the bar sticking up from the assembly.

Rick B.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

sorry, but that seems to be to far unfinished and unrefined for using that option, even when you remove your bezel, their are way to many gaps imo...J
Old 11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
sorry, but that seems to be to far unfinished and unrefined for using that option, even when you remove your bezel, their are way to many gaps imo...J

Quick Reply: L88 headlight bucket template