Sponsored by:

OT LT1 swap into 95 Suburban-need info

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default OT LT1 swap into 95 Suburban-need info

I have a 95 Suburban with 190k miles, it will need a new engine in the next year or 2. I have found a deal on a nice LT1. I have seen the swap on Street and Performance website with a TPI in a 94. I like TPIs and have 2 of them running now, but I can get this LT1 at a good deal. I am looking for info on anybody that has put an LT1 in a 94-95 Suburban or truck with a 4L60E trans. Specifically what did they do about ABS brakes? Who did the harness? Who did the computer? Thanks for any info.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:04 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Nobody?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 AM
junkman104
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't done it myself but here is a link to a lot of good info. I have a 1959 El Camino that is going to get one.

http://www.lt1tech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Dale
Old 02-08-2006, 06:33 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by junkman104
I haven't done it myself but here is a link to a lot of good info. I have a 1959 El Camino that is going to get one.

http://www.lt1tech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Dale
Good luck with the El Camino, I love FI swaps. The actual install is not what has me puzzled, it is the finish wiring. I have done several FI swaps and am not at all intimidated by the "normal" wiring. My problem is what to do about ABS brakes and the transmission. ABS takes-I think-a 128,000 pulses per mile (ppm) signal. Standard speed-density TPI, TBI, and LT1 use a 4000 ppm signal. The guy that did the 94 TPI Suburban conversion on the Street and Performance website does not have his SES light working, he controls the transmission from the old ECM, can't tell what he did about ABS. I am wondering if there is a way to use only 1 PCM and control the stock gauges, ABS, 4L60E, and cruise control. I think what I need to find is somebody who has done a thorough LT1 installation in a 94-95 pickup or Suburban-or a 96-99 that did not have to pass OBD2. Corvettes have 4 wheel ABS sensors so I know I can't use a Corvette PCM. Caprice/SS and F-body have ABS sensors on both front wheels and 1 on the differential like a truck/suburban. I think I have been told that you can't use a 94-95 F or B-body PCM, but I can't remember why. If anybody knows of someone who has done this swap, I would appreciate the help. I hate to just put another TBI on it, but I want everything to work like GM did it.

Get notified of new replies

To OT LT1 swap into 95 Suburban-need info

Quick Reply: OT LT1 swap into 95 Suburban-need info