C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok here is my story from last night!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 AM
bluesilver82
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ok here is my story from last night!

I went to change the valve cover gaskets on my 82 last night. Simple task right? Well once I got all the crap out of the way to remove the covers, it was 10 pm. The driver's side went fine like clock work. The passenger side was a t-total B&*ch. I finally got the cover back on and was torquing the last bolt to 10 lbs and snap the head shears off. With a few four letter words, I start removing the cover again. This is when the wife sticks her head into the garage and ask if I am comming in. Very bad timing on her part. I told her what happened and that I needed to fix it and put all the crap back on the car that I took off before I forgett where it goes or I would have to send the car to a proffesional. Then she ask how long is going to take and I told her which once again that did not go over well. Anyway I finally get the sheared bolt out of the head, put the valve cover back on, and 90% of the stuff back together and go in the house at 12:30 pm. She is pissed, I am pissed not a good combination. Needless to say we had a words exchange that included the phrase "For Sale" and "cold day in hell". I slept in the guest room and I am expecting more fall out. Sorry guys I just had to vent.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 AM
TexasYankee
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I read your story and then noticed the "National Breakup Day" ad running at the bottom of the page.

This can't be a good sign.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Joe Cal
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see now wife , vette ,wife ,vette .what to do ,what to do
Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Glass Act
Melting Slicks

Location: 406ci SB, AFR 180 Heads - 490 HP @5,600 RPM 529 lb-ft @ 4,100 RPM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Cal
Wife
Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
stram8777
Intermediate

Vette's don't talk back, need cuddle time, whine, pout, get mad, playthe guess what I want to eat for dinner game, require cards at anniversaries, mothers day, valentine's day, sweetest day, and basically any other day of the year they need reassurance, vettes don't get jealous, need reassurance that dress don't make their butts look big, or anything else.

But wives do have a knack for supporting you through good times and bad. I say go with the vette. Or take my wife so I can have more time with mine. LOL
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 AM
bluesilver82
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joe Cal

I am keeping both. I just need to find that right balance that will help the both of them get along with one another. I think the balance is finish the majority of the work on the vette quickly.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:58 AM
90ZR1
Racer

Default vette

I'm out in the garage every night till 11pm working on the car. Luckily my doesn't say anything because we don't talk to each other anyway.

What does your wife care if you're not in bed? Mine's probably glad I'm out in the garage.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:59 AM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, after years of marriage, here is my night:
There were no good shows on TV - so tune in the Red Sox game.
Wife says at 10 she is watching here show. Fine.
I go downstairs and finish the game in front of the big TV.
I fall asleep in the recliner and go to bed about 12:30.
No words, no problems.
This morning, I quietly left $40 on the table next to the bed ... for the "good time".

You'll work it out, as time heals. Perhaps she will realize that you are
trying to save some bux that can be spent together. You'll need to
take her out to a nice dinner - at least.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Joe Cal
Intermediate

my pick vette more rides no complaints
Old 05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
2TONE82
Melting Slicks

Received 310 Likes on 133 Posts

This is a great place to vent...not so good of a place for marriage counseling...

Similar event in my life 10 years ago, I got so P/O I took the car to a local Park-n-Sale lot early one morning and jogged back home before anyone else was up. My daughter (avid co-pilot to this day) noticed the car gone first - she cried when I told her what I'd done...we picked the car up later in the day and brought her home. All turned out well - wife and I made up - we will have been married 21 years tomorrow and are now a two Vette family!

My wife understands my Vette formula - double the $$ and triple the time estimate.

I understand her shopping formula - she spends $300 but somehow I saved $500

Last edited by 2TONE82; 05-17-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:48 AM
fl_rider
Drifting

Take her out to dinner.

Kill her with kindness.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TONE82

My wife understands my Vette formula - double the $$ and triple the time estimate.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TONE82

So....in that case just tell her that the Vette is not costing anything. You are only spending the money she saved....and give her a big thank you for being so cost considerate that you both can enjoy your hobbies.

kdf
Old 05-17-2006, 11:12 AM
cchristo
Pro

Well, I'll throw my .02 at this.

A funny thing happens with my wife of 23 years in respect to the vette.

She frequently complains about the money spent and occasionally about the time spent.

But...

As soon as she gets in it and we go somewhere, she is the first one to point out that we need to do something about the small crack in the dash, or that the carpet could use a little freshening up, and so on.

As much as I love the vette, there has never been a question of which is more important.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,447 Likes on 754 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

My only comment is I don't know if I'll ever get married again.......I will have women in my life, but marriage; what's the point.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:26 PM
694speed350
Race Director

Received 119 Likes on 67 Posts

been married 46 years. wife is reasion we bought the vette. in fact it's registered in her name.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:56 PM
TXredc3
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup....I can totally identify with ya. Nothing worse than working on the car and something's not going right.....then along comes the mrs. and starts razzing you when the last thing you want to do is talk. I also got the ultimatum. Damn I'm glad she's gone.

Get notified of new replies

To Ok here is my story from last night!

Old 05-17-2006, 04:07 PM
IMA 66
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

simple solution......get her one too so she can work on it while you work on yours and you can curse at the cars in tandem
Old 05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

It's cheaper to keep her. Ask me how I know.
Tell her "I'm here in the garage, you know exactly where I am and what I'm doing, I could be like Bee Jay out at the pool hall chasing skirts". I bought my wife a barstool for the garage, she sits in it, and I ask "how was your day?" Every once in a while I say "yes dear, that's a shame" and "what did Oprah have to say about that"? we're doing what they love, communicating, and I'm doing what I love, working on the cars or motorcylcle.
Name and address withheld
Old 05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
skeptic
Racer

I'm recently divorced (separated since August, divorce finalized in November), and couldn't be happier. I recently started dating someone and quickly realized I don't want a girl friend or commitment, and of course told the new girl this. Plenty of personal space, female companionship when I want it. Not getting yelled at every day for things that only exist in someone else's mind.

Not that marriage isn't for everone, for some it's great. I've always considered myself "not the marrying kind" and my ex is basically nuts. Thyroid problems, hormonal problems, uncontrolled and irrational anger, constant lying (which drove her mother up a wall as well), forgetting what she told me or what I told her and getting mad about it, etc... Oddly enough, the one thing that didn't bother her was my buying cars. Once or twice a year I'd get something different, and I am always putting money into them fixing or modifying them. She thought it was a waste at first, then when she realized that it's a hobby she was ok with it.

Vegas weekend before last, big boob small butt chick (massage therapist) coming over tomorrow, offroading this weekend, upcoming Vegas trip with a bunch of hot single girls.... For all the happily married guys, great for you, I really mean it. But I'll stay single for now, thanks.

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok here is my story from last night!