Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever wonder what happened to "Merlin"??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:50 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

I've seen the car in person... Steve was taken advantage of big time by the shop... the body work & paint was not anywhere near what it should have been for that kind of money. Kind of sad what "professional" shops will do.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman68
I found Mike Raffetto a few years ago at a local car show and tried to help him out with the car. I figured between Jim, Mike, Nick, and all of us we could get a few more hundred hp out of the car. He seemed interested, but he didn't like the idea of us removing the blowers.

I hate to say it guys, but the vette has never seen a track, chased a lambo, or touched a dyno. It lives it's life backing on and off a trailer. I did have a few words of advice for Mike, "If the car ever puts down anywhere near 1000hp, kiss your back side good by.." He asked why and I told him, that the whole a$$ end was pretty much stock parts.
I kinda figured it was a garage/trailer queen. The sign by the car mentioned everything about the car (including the money flushed down the crapper for the build), but not one word about any track lap times. Near as I can figure, my Silverado has more track experience than that thing does.

Quick Reply: Ever wonder what happened to "Merlin"??