Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody Egged My Vette Overnight

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
slowup
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeez i must live in paradise compared to where you guys live. My vette never gets messed with and i always leave it outside unlocked (except in the winter time). But everybody knows me so i guess its ok.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:19 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,477 Likes on 767 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Watch out for bunny burning women. I went out with this women, no I am not talking young girl but a 48yo women. We went into a bar one night and she sees her ex bf and gets pissed. We are leaving and she wants to get back at him, so against me trying to stop her she keys the hood of his Saab and lets the air out of the right front tire.

A few months later I decide to stop seeing her. A few more months later I come out of the ski area where I was a Ski Patroller and my back hatch is keyed on each side of the license plate on my suv and the air has been let out of the right front tire. At first I thought "******* kids" but as I drove home I remebered that ever year this woman, her friend and their kids would go to my ski are for the weekend. She knew I would be there on Friday nights, so I think she made her way over to the ski are, found my car and I suspect she did the little job on my car.

Chicks can be psycho at times!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Restorod '79
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to keep my vette covered all the time. It sits outside year-round and is visible from a main road. I'm self-conscious about having a red sports car in the yard. Some people get the wrong idea of why I might have it. Others are just envious, maybe jealous, or even aggrivated by it's presence. I've been fortunate so far that nobody has messed with it. Most of my Car-guy buddies have their cars locked up tight in nice garages or storage. I don't have that luxury. So, under cover- outta sight, outta mind. I cannot park it anywhere in public without drawing a crowd, thumbs up from everyone, and the "Nice car" calls. It's a little much at times, but really great others.
Unfortunately, there are always going to be discontented people in the world who think that everyone with a nice car is deserving of vandalism. Pitty them. Their parents instilled poor values in them. They will moan and groan their way through life, and talk tough after ripping the hood emblem off a Mercedes.
Bad things happen to good people, but LOTS of bad things happen to bad people. Be good with your vette, don't be "In your face" about having it, and others will enjoy it with you.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
SILVERSIXX
Drifting

Stab them in the eyes.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
soccer794
Racer

I went to the movies with my girlfriend a few years ago and when we came out...you guessed it nice pretty egg on the side of the 71. My first we reaction was take the shirt off my back and get the egg off...her first reaction was run inside and see if they had video of the parking lot. They did. Little **** that did it was stupid enough not only to drive up right next to it in his car then egg it...he was stupid enough to leave the car parked right next to me. We were standing there waiting for him when he got out of the movie...with a police officer who promptly slapped handcuffs on him and arrested him for vandalism. We had done a charity show to raise money to get bullet proof vests for the police not but a couple weeks before and he was one of the officers representing the county there. God that felt good.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:45 PM
StickShiftCorvette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've only been egged once in the last 31 years of Corvette ownership. I was IN the car and driving when it happened. I had the top down and the egg just caught the driver's side A pillar, so luckily no egg got into the car and little on the outside.

I am lucky I couldn't find the kid who threw it because someone would have gotten hurt (me or him depending how many friends he had with him!). Looking back it was good I didn't find the delinquent......
Old 02-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Hybrid117
I was on my way to highschool the other day, this little punk in his miata thought he could beat me to the stop sign, no chance with me in the vette. So after we both turned, he thought it would be a great idea to pass me and another car. Well he succeded (I still beat him to school ) till i relized it was this punk that ran my brother and his scout off the road. I took a knife to his top. Mess with the vette, shame on you. Mess with my family, hope you have a written will. Revenge is sooooo sweet.
"Country Justice" Eh?

Old 02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by slowup
jeez i must live in paradise compared to where you guys live. My vette never gets messed with and i always leave it outside unlocked (except in the winter time). But everybody knows me so i guess its ok.
I had a White 71 LS5 T-top.

Right after I removed, sandblasted & refinished the entire front suspension, unsoldered the radiator tanks, cleaned the radiator out, resoldered the tanks and buffed the brass...

It was stolen from a work parking lot between 10:00am and 12:00 in broad daylight... two rows from the "guard shack".

Never saw it again.

My "guard" has been up double height ever since.
Leaves a nasty feeling in the pit of your stomach when you come out and find the "Vette" gone. Every time you think about it (as in, now) that nasty feeling comes back.

Pay yer money, take yer chances.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 AM
sly vette
Safety Car

Unfortunatly our society, for the most part, now believes that unless you get caught you have done nothing wrong!
In my opinion there are Ten rules out there that should be followed at all times.

Last edited by sly vette; 02-21-2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: remove signature
Old 02-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Hybrid117
Racer

HEY NOW! This little punk ran my brother off the road....i did what needed to be done....
Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
sly vette
Safety Car

There are laws to handle knuckleheads like that. Why open yourself up to a lawsuit. I don't get it!!!!

Last edited by sly vette; 02-21-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Gunn353
Instructor

HEY NOW! This little punk ran my brother off the road....i did what needed to be done....
Your brother was in a scout, this kid in a miata....HE ran your BROTHER off the road?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:02 PM
slowup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gunn353
Your brother was in a scout, this kid in a miata....HE ran your BROTHER off the road?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

I havent had my vette for long, but this post worries me a little. Besides having an alarm system and a steering wheel lock, what else can you get that can ward away thieves and the like?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by chstitans42
I havent had my vette for long, but this post worries me a little. Besides having an alarm system and a steering wheel lock, what else can you get that can ward away thieves and the like?
Rock salt...
Old 02-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Gunn353
Instructor

[QUOTE=chstitans42;1559062931]I havent had my vette for long, but this post worries me a little. Besides having an alarm system and a steering wheel lock, what else can you get that can ward away thieves and the like?[/QUOTE

This saved me back when i was in highschool with the vette. Be nice to everyone...dont be cocky because you have a vette. Most kids are going to think you are a spoiled punk whos parents buys him everything. Dont be a show-off, dont hotrod around thinking you are a badass...once people know that you are a cool guy and acually bought the corvette and worked on it with your own money, they will respect that. But if you act like a spoiled punk, they wont and you will have problems with your car guaranteed. On the flip side, if you do those things and make friends in all the social groups, yes ALL the social groups, then you wont only not have problems, but you will notice that other people will protect your car too. It worked for me when i was in that situation.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE=Gunn353;1559063932]
Originally Posted by chstitans42
I havent had my vette for long, but this post worries me a little. Besides having an alarm system and a steering wheel lock, what else can you get that can ward away thieves and the like?[/QUOTE

This saved me back when i was in highschool with the vette. Be nice to everyone...dont be cocky because you have a vette. Most kids are going to think you are a spoiled punk whos parents buys him everything. Dont be a show-off, dont hotrod around thinking you are a badass...once people know that you are a cool guy and acually bought the corvette and worked on it with your own money, they will respect that. But if you act like a spoiled punk, they wont and you will have problems with your car guaranteed. On the flip side, if you do those things and make friends in all the social groups, yes ALL the social groups, then you wont only not have problems, but you will notice that other people will protect your car too. It worked for me when i was in that situation.

Thanks man. Good Advice.
Provo UT? awesome

Get notified of new replies

To Somebody Egged My Vette Overnight

Old 02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Big Wood
Cruising

Originally Posted by soccer794
I went to the movies with my girlfriend a few years ago and when we came out...you guessed it nice pretty egg on the side of the 71. My first we reaction was take the shirt off my back and get the egg off...her first reaction was run inside and see if they had video of the parking lot. They did. Little **** that did it was stupid enough not only to drive up right next to it in his car then egg it...he was stupid enough to leave the car parked right next to me. We were standing there waiting for him when he got out of the movie...with a police officer who promptly slapped handcuffs on him and arrested him for vandalism. We had done a charity show to raise money to get bullet proof vests for the police not but a couple weeks before and he was one of the officers representing the county there. God that felt good.
Don't you love it when a plan comes together!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
oberth1
Instructor

go to the local flea market and pick up a 6mm airsoft gas operated rifle or handgun. 550 feet a second. 150' accurate. full auto. little bastards what? nufsaid
Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
63mako
Race Director

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I was on my way to highschool the other day, this little punk in his miata thought he could beat me to the stop sign, no chance with me in the vette. So after we both turned, he thought it would be a great idea to pass me and another car. Well he succeded (I still beat him to school ) till i relized it was this punk that ran my brother and his scout off the road. I took a knife to his top. Mess with the vette, shame on you. Mess with my family, hope you have a written will. Revenge is sooooo sweet.
YOU are calling him a LITTLE PUNK! You are one of the people this post is about. You have no respect for other peoples property. There are a lot of miata's on the road. You have no solid proof that he ran your brother off the road. You trashed his property just like the vette owners in this post had thier property trashed and then gloat about it. Hope the kid in the Miata finds you and kicks your ***! That's not my thumb!
Originally Posted by Gunn353
Exactly!

Last edited by 63mako; 02-21-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Somebody Egged My Vette Overnight