Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

luggage rack/ side vent louvers--opinions

Old 06-25-2007, 02:31 AM
c3 in hawaii
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default luggage rack/ side vent louvers--opinions

I am in the last stage of the painting process and I can't make a decision and would like some opinions. When I got the '68 it had the side vent louvers which I realize wasn't an option for 68's, passenger side mirror, and also the rear deck seems to have had a luggage rack, but there were only 4 holes there, which I believe there were supposed to be 6. The previous owner must have added these on at a later time.

I already removed the passenger mirror and glassed in the holes.

The opinions I want is should I also leave out the vent louvers and luggage rack as it seems that he may have added it on also.. or put them on after paint is complete. I do have these parts but not too sure on it, especially the luggage rack.

Please help me decide.. time is running out.. painter already has all the doors/deck lid/trim..etc.. I have to drop the body off next week..
Old 06-25-2007, 02:46 AM
ltlevil
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote to leave the louvers and ditch the luggage rack.

ltlevil
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

If you want the car stock, leave off the '69 louvers. They were on my '68, too, added by a PO. Luggage racks were dealer installed options for most years. There are three different racks: 4 hole, 6 hole, and the V54 plastic racks. An old original four hole rack could be correct for your '68, and could have been included on the original Corvette order, but she did not leave St. Louis with it.

FYI: For the 68 and 69 models, the last louver on each side (the fake two) were painted semi-flat black on the inside to give the appearance they are open like the other six.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 06-25-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

If you are not building an NCRS judged car, then do it the way you like. Previous owners added items as they became available and appealed to them. I personally like the louvers and the stingray script, but not the luggage rack. The rack makes cleaning more challenging. The PO of my 69 left the stingray script off, so I had to do it my way. Thumb through some photos and do what appeals to you. You can't please everyone so......

Get notified of new replies

To luggage rack/ side vent louvers--opinions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: luggage rack/ side vent louvers--opinions