Subframe Connectors, Windshields, and Steering

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Ron R
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subframe Connectors, Windshields, and Steering

Three questions here ...

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for subframe connectors for 1980?

2. That should prevent the body from cracking, but will it be enough for the windshield too? I need to replace my windshield anyway, is there an aftermarket windshield available that just doesn't crack? I've seen these for Jeeps, they can take a tree branch smacking it at 40 Mph (in fact, they aren't even street legal because the rescuers can't cut through them) but no luck finding any such thing for C3's.

3. There is a lot more play in my steering than there should be. Alignment is good, tires are balanced, suspension is superb. Steering box? What's a good "better than factory" upgrade?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:42 PM
69camfrk
Le Mans Master

Location: GA "When I grow up, I'm gonna get a Trans Am and run from the cops". Direct quote from my 4yo son.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, Vettes are full frame cars. Connectors are only used on cars with sub frames, ie: Camaro. In so far as your front suspension there's a ton of stuff out there. Someone else will have to chime in. There is always the C4 front upgrade. If you have frame twist problems, you might want to look for serious rust issues.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:49 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron R
3. There is a lot more play in my steering than there should be. Alignment is good, tires are balanced, suspension is superb. Steering box? What's a good "better than factory" upgrade?

Thanks!
Two options are Steeroids or the Jeep steering option. If you do a search on either, you will find a wealth of information. Also, Flaming River has a fairly new system, but I don't know that any one on CF is driving around with this one.

Get notified of new replies

To Subframe Connectors, Windshields, and Steering

Quick Reply: Subframe Connectors, Windshields, and Steering