Sponsored by:

1977 C-3 Tranny Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
hughgw
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1977 C-3 Tranny Swap

has anybody swapped out an automatic transmission for a manual tranny? I know, it sounds a little wacky, but I might just do it. I think that everything underneath the car should be pretty straight forward but I wonder about mounting the pedals. Any words of advice other than take a cold shower and fuggetaboutit. Know where I can buy a burned up 77 with a manual tranny?

Thanks, Hugh
Old 12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
rj8806
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hughgw
has anybody swapped out an automatic transmission for a manual tranny? I know, it sounds a little wacky, but I might just do it. I think that everything underneath the car should be pretty straight forward but I wonder about mounting the pedals. Any words of advice other than take a cold shower and fuggetaboutit. Know where I can buy a burned up 77 with a manual tranny?

Thanks, Hugh

Are looking to swap in a 5 speed or a Muncie? We(Keisler) have complete 5 speed swap out kits for your car(www.keislerauto.com). Other members here like silverslashstreak have swapped a T5 out of a Camaro or Mustang into the vette with great success.
The hardest part about the swap(4 speed or 5 speed) is the pedal mounting. The steering column needs to be dropped and the dash needs to come out in order to hang the new pedals. Another memeber here, Binnie77 actaully documented the whole swap and can give you a link to his site. Look him up.
You are at an advantage over the factory 4 speed cars from the start because your crossmember is removeable. Makes it easy when installing a manual gearbox.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

Richard
Tech Support
Keisler Engineering

Last edited by rj8806; 12-28-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Red 71
Pro

Location: Melbourne, Fla. 6 months- New Middletown, Ohio 6 months
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Hugh
Hugh, I think you might want to consider having it done by a reputable garage!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
tion
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Hugh
Did you make the swap?

Get notified of new replies

To 1977 C-3 Tranny Swap

Quick Reply: 1977 C-3 Tranny Swap