C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by another-user
maybe its a location thing, but 99/100 of the "tuners" (and i use that very loosely... your K&N Cold Air intake and coffee can exhaust doesnt count as tuning) think theyve got the fastest ride to ever grace this earth. and they honestly believe it too, and attempt to show it.

im supposed to be in that generation, but god do i hate them.
Couldn't have said it better. All the ricer kids congregate in the college parking lot around thier 90's ricer cans. i always drive by and they always stare. I just shake my head and roll my eyes when they try to race
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 PM
randommj
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

45 is NOT old this comming from a 19 year old might not seem too good, but my dad turns 58 tomorrow and ive never ONCE considered him old (aside from in a joking mannor)

and yes, i hate most of my generation too, myself and ALL but 1 of my friends are HUGE muscle gear heads, the one who isnt is only in the 4-cylinder because its his daily driver.......... i cant stand ricers

Honda: From the same place that brough you Pearl Harbor

Miles

Last edited by randommj; 01-25-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just remember that you may have to grow old but you don't have to grow up. From you videos I can see that you embrace the second half of the statement!

Rick B.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:25 AM
panic
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jontis
I understand you have your license back
yes
Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 AM
panic
Team Owner

Well, i can see the iussue from the right perspective now, last night i was furious for what happened but now i understand it was only a bunch of jelous looser a$$holes farting around with their evil 'dressed-up' Fiat daily driver.

Last edited by panic; 01-26-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:50 AM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A WRX with a supercharged or turboed motor is gonna take a C3 'Vette any day of the week on a twisty road. AWD in a light car does that. But that doesn't give them the Feeling of driving a 'Vette. My old tired '73 L48 got pulled up to by the lexus version of the 350Z. 10mph to 40 he was getting left by 1/2 a car length, so i backed off- residential was coming up. These 'Vettes are no joke, people have to remember that the 350 isn't a winder motor, It's a torque motor, and that torque talks down low, and will surpirse some of these ipod lovin youngsters with thier 2.3l's and fart cans. will surprise most 6's too, That being said, there are some 450hp WRXs out there, but that's what a Z06 is for!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
James.70
Racer

Location: Show me a cold beer and I will show you a happy man Maryland

maybe its a location thing, but 99/100 of the "tuners" (and i use that very loosely... your K&N Cold Air intake and coffee can exhaust doesnt count as tuning) think theyve got the fastest ride to ever grace this earth. and they honestly believe it too, and attempt to show it.

im supposed to be in that generation, but god do i hate them.
What! dont you know k & n filters add 50 hp, and with that perf muffler with 3in tip you can double hp!!

I knew kids in school with ricers and when they talk about them you would think its an indy car! Although my generation is made of alot of ricers there are many who know better. I bought my 70 when I was 18 with money from selling my 65 mustang. Some guys thought I was crazy for buying an old car that needs work when I could have bought a tricked out civic. I knew a guy with a geo metro with k&n and can on a 3 cilinder and he thought it was the fastest car around! Although there are only few of us in the generation who like old and new muscle cars, that just means more for us.

Panic

As far as those kids they just get mad they have a P.O.S. and see a real car. Thats why they called you grandpa.I have had it happen while driving the vette, they would say "that the car daddy bought you". Either way there aholes and are going to say something no matter how old you are.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

screw the little ba****ds.. you do what you want...
Old 01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
marshrat99
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This conversation kinda reminds me of the comments we all have made here in the Forum regarding Rustangs. Anyways, a couple of comments I'll add. One is that I've a couple of very young (20's) sons of friends of mine who are into the tuner thing and hang out with us older (50's+) a lot during the summer, proudly parking their rides beside ours. We each enjoy each others labors making what we have each our own. Lastly, I still get lots waves and thumbs up from all ages while I going down the road. It appears a lot of people in most all age groups truly appreciate the styling of the Vettes. I have to agree with most of the comments above regarding jelousy and inmaturity of those making the "grand father" statements.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Spocc
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i got buds that are alot older & have health issues that prevent them from gettin out...

my advise - cruise yer machine & enjoy life for as many years that you can

lots of time for tv watching much later

take the wife with ya- buy her a soda/coffee - make her feel just as special as the corvette & you will both be happy campers
Old 01-26-2008, 11:01 AM
garage-ghost
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have just yelled back. "Get home...your mother has been looking all over for you."
I'm 54 and have been driving a Corvette since I was 25.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
murraybs
Racer

45? You've got another few years left in ya. I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
mod81
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by randommj
45 is NOT old this comming from a 19 year old might not seem too good, but my dad turns 58 tomorrow and ive never ONCE considered him old (aside from in a joking mannor)

Miles
I agree with this...I'm 23 and my dad is in his mid 50's. I'll call him old the day I know he can't knock me off my chair backwards when I do. Until then...he's not old. So at 45 you're good.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:31 AM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

I am 45 and I hate the little rice burners as much as the next guy. But I do respect that some of these kids at least get out and turn a wrench instead of playing an Xbox all day. But when they start slinging the insults is when it gets interesting!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:39 AM
r44s
Racer

Jealousy takes many forms.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 PM
panic
Team Owner

I'd just like to point out that usually teens and very young guys are fantastic people, when they're true motor enthusiasts and it also depends on how you introduce with them (if you pretend to show up like a grand master of the world who knows everything you're lost...) i know quite a few of them, they're just fine...there is no jelousy, just the wish to buy and mod a car like mine, when grown up, i tell them is pretty easy to succeed, you just need to work hard, there is no miracles involved here.

What happened last night just made me suspect for a moment that maybe i was out of place going around by night, looking for 'action', but that lasted only a few moments, i am how i am and do whatever i want, of course within the path of the responsabilities i have, for those who eventually disagree or get blinded by jelousy is not my problem they can go to F...O... and enjoy life in their own shed and in the way they please the most, its their lifes.

Spocc: I ask my wife to come with me everytime i go out with the vette, but she's not the kind of woman would enjoy this, this is not a common passion we both share (but she understand it) and to push her too hard would only result in troubles, i know, oriental women are very little 'adventurous'...

...or at least mine is...

Last edited by panic; 01-26-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:29 PM
EyeLuvCorvettes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember being as annoying when i was a teen, but it seems that there are just so many of them nowadays whether in the mall or on the streets talking trash. Although I am only 21, I feel so much older than them as they behave so immature and idiotic. I see them driving around town with their exhaust dragging on the ground, sparks following their rear bumper, practically sitting in the back seat, appearing to be 2 feet tall with just their head sticking over the window, with three sets of fog lamps planted in their grille. Who know's i'll never understand it.

Get notified of new replies

To Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Being called Grandfather is better that being called grandmother.............
Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 AM
woodlandcorvette
Instructor

Careful panic you dont want to lose your drivers license again

Already looking for trouble with a car like yours its to tough to resist I know but there just kids.

Best Regards
Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Ron R
Drifting

Ain't that the truth. One thing that always ticks them off is when you see a Civic with a rear wing, ask them (as innocently as possible) what it's for. If they say they just like the way it looks, then leave em alone because it's a style thing and to each his own. But if they say it's to keep the rear end down, then you know they have no freakin idea what they're doing ... ask them why they would that on a front wheel drive car?

I think I was like 23 when I first got my 68, and I'll be damned if every friggin ricer at every friggin traffic light sat there and rev'd the engine. You could always tell the ricers, even if you hadn't seen them yet, because it sounded like there was a washer on a rubber band stuck in their tail pipe and it rattled side to side every time they hit the gas pedal. Some of them honestly thought they would have had a chance, but I think most just wanted to see the vette take off.

Quick Reply: Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?