C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying goodbye to the '80!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
69camfrk
Le Mans Master

Location: GA "When I grow up, I'm gonna get a Trans Am and run from the cops". Direct quote from my 4yo son.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saying goodbye to the '80!!

Well, it's come time to part ways with the '80. I hate to get rid of it but I need room in the garage. I would say that I wouldn't be lurking around still in the C3 section, but the news is good. I'm taking delivery of a '72 coupe, 350/4 speed car next week. I'm pretty excited about it. As much as I love the looks of the '80-'82 cars I'm a little more partial to the chrome bumper cars. I'll post some pics when it comes in!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

good choice. the bumper cars prices are gonna surely go up in the next few years from what i hear. the sooner you get one the better. what color are you getting?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:14 PM
xCCTer
CF JASOC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Downtown Annapolis, MD. The Future is where we all have to live. Let's not screw it up.
Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I remember waiting for my '71 to arrive by covered trailer almost a year ago. Anticipation!

91k miles, numbers matching and every option except rear defogger. Still has the original rotors riveted to the hubs.

I was lucky enough to keep my '88 also.

Can't wait to see it.
Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
2TONE82
Melting Slicks

Received 310 Likes on 133 Posts

Wish you best of luck with your bumper car. I too am often torn between the chrome of the 68 - 73 vs the 80 - 82 integral spoiler rubber bumper.

I almost went with the chrome bumper but the love affair ended when I got behind the wheel. It took me a while to realize that while I loved the older C3 it was only from the outside...the inside; from the seats to the dash are too old school for my taste. Seat time in the 80 - 82 took me back to when I fell for the C3 - inside and out - and that's why 2TONE82 is in my garage!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:28 PM
69camfrk
Le Mans Master

Location: GA "When I grow up, I'm gonna get a Trans Am and run from the cops". Direct quote from my 4yo son.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TONE82
Wish you best of luck with your bumper car. I too am often torn between the chrome of the 68 - 73 vs the 80 - 82 integral spoiler rubber bumper.

I almost went with the chrome bumper but the love affair ended when I got behind the wheel. It took me a while to realize that while I loved the older C3 it was only from the outside...the inside; from the seats to the dash are too old school for my taste. Seat time in the 80 - 82 took me back to when I fell for the C3 - inside and out - and that's why 2TONE82 is in my garage!
I agree with several of your points. I just added Z-06 seats to the car and the difference is unbelievable. It's a great car and the body, paint, and interior are fantastic. The GMPP 350/330 motor gave it some motivation too. I just can't get away from the C3's. People can say what they will, but to me they are the sexiest cars ever put together. The bumper car should look good in the garage next to the '69 Camaro. And the color of the new one is pretty much the same color as the '80, but I'll be up front, it's going to be black!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:20 PM
zdave83
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TONE82

--------------------

Sounds like a great set-up. Classic design with a modern look.

Get notified of new replies

To Saying goodbye to the '80!!

Quick Reply: Saying goodbye to the '80!!