C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 w/427 vert $8k---1954 vette $16.5---1966 Stingray make an offer...???

Old 02-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Strats-N-Vettes
Friend Request Magnet
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 149 Likes on 59 Posts

Default 1969 w/427 vert $8k---1954 vette $16.5---1966 Stingray make an offer...???

I seen these Vettes from the ads most of us dislike after the buy-out (right-hand side of page) of the forum.

But; these prices are unreal...a guy could get into a nice driver for pretty cheap

Now; I am NOT saying these are ever going to be NCRS, "most-likely to succeed" cars....but drivers.

They have salvage titles, but if you are driving them...who cares?

If you buy one to restore a car that you already have all the correct paper work for....who cares?

And in all honesty; some of these cars look better than some of the dogs we have been getting and bleeding over, spending buckets of $$ over, and totally struggling to find certain parts for.

The one car (1969 with the 427); if it became a parts car....use the parts needed for your project and make all your money (if not more) back just by parting it out...there will be brackets, trim, and other assorted parts that are hard to find.
If thats a dated 427; I have seen Paul sr. of OCC buying up all kinds of 427 parts time and time again...no to mention brackets and supports th go with original stuff like this. Use what you need, sell the rest to offset the purchases of other things.

scroll here and look at these diamonds in the rough

I am not sure what this site entails, nor am I affiliated with it at all...I just know that if I had a car I was restoring and needed certain parts, this would be an option.

So many things look to good to be true...like the 66 flood car...water wont affect the fenders, hood or other fiber glass parts or even the glass.

1960 theft recovery...its a vert...put some parts on that baby to make it run and drive...get after it!...for that price; you could make a rat rod out of it and who would care.....

Here's my point; I could take that 1969 at $8k...put any front clip I wanted (in my case 79 and older, and I would try and find a 72 or older clip first.), put any engine and tranny combo I wanted, put any seats, do any kind of interior as I see fit, I could do a Maaco paint job, ect...you get the idea.
I would end up with a nice looking DRIVER for less than $13k...that $5k spent on any engine and tranny, how-ever I wanted the interior, front clip and paint.
Would it be correct?...of course not....but to ride around; it would be fine.

Discuss...this is not a flame thread or criticism thread...its an open minded idea thread.

Jim
Old 02-17-2008, 05:46 PM
stock76
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Very interesting. They didn't say where these cars were located though. You must have to register with their site to get more information. Looks like a good source for a parts car or a "project".
Old 02-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Strats-N-Vettes
Friend Request Magnet
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 149 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by stock76
Very interesting. They didn't say where these cars were located though. You must have to register with their site to get more information. Looks like a good source for a parts car or a "project".

CLICK

WHO IS AUTOSOURCE?

We are the world's leading source of repairable insurance salvage vehicles. Providing direct access to more than 15,000 insurance vehicles each week.

WHERE DO THESE VEHICLES COME FROM?
Direct from major insurance companies.

WHAT KIND OF VEHICLES ARE AVAILABLE?
Luxury/sport/exotic cars, suvs, vans, trucks, motorcycles, boats, rvs, jetskis, snow mobiles, industrial vehicles, commercial equipment, tractors, forklifts, semis and trailers.

WHY BUY INSURANCE SALVAGE VEHICLES?
Insurance salvage vehicles can be bought for 1/2 to 1/3 of their Blue Book value.

HOW DO YOU BUY THESE VEHICLES?

CLICK HERE to register and chose from more than 15,000 insurance vehicles.
CLICK

1000's OF DEEPLY DISCOUNTED INSURANCE CLAIM VEHICLES
You will receive immediate access to 1000's of insurance claim vehicles being sold daily from insurance facilities nationwide at DEEPLY discounted prices. You will receive more than 15,000 new listings each week. Select from luxury/sport/exotic cars, suvs, vans, trucks, motorcycles, boats, rv's, jetski's, snowmobiles, industrial vehicles, commercial equipment, tractors, forklifts, semis, trailers and more. SEE EXAMPLES.

SEARCHABLE INVENTORY DATABASE
You will receive direct access to a searchable inventory database containing more than 15,000 new listings each week of insurance vehicles currently available at insurance facilities across the nation. Inventory listings are updated throughout the day. Database information to include 10 photos of each vehicle, description of condition, location, VIN identification, make/model, year and mileage.

SPECIAL BROKER LISTINGS

In addition to the thousands of vehicles being sold at insurance vehicle facilities nationwide that you will be able to purchase, there are also 81 specialty auto brokers across the country that deal exclusively in insurance claim vehicles. Many of these brokers have exclusive contracts with insurance companies. This means that some vehicles go direct to these brokers to be resold. You will receive complete inventory listings from each of the 81 brokers to view their vehicles online or you can make on-site inspections. No middleman, you deal direct with the brokers and prices are fully negotiable.

YOUR VEHICLE'S OWN WEBSITE
You will receive your vehicle's own website with an exclusive internet link-up to manufacturers service departments. Recall alerts & notices specific to your vehicles sent direct to your exclusive website, plus special pricing notices on services & parts from local dealers & valuable discount coupons. Reminders sent when services are due, indicating what needs done & how much it will cost. Plus reminders of your license renewals & warranty expirations. Schedule service appointments online. A single place to find & maintain your vehicle's service history.

SEIZED VEHICLES FROM GOVERNMENT AGENCIES

You will receive direct access to aircraft, vehicles of all makes and description, boats, jewelry, electronics, personal property and real estate seized by the IRS, United States Customs, US Marshall Service and the Border Patrol Service. View inventory online or make on-site inspections. Receive sales flyers of upcoming sale dates.

THE INSIDER'S GUIDE
You will receive the INSIDER'S GUIDE directory for buying vehicles, real estate & general goods from city, county, state & federal government auctions. Plus HUD foreclosed real estate and Post Office undeliverable parcels & Department of Defense surplus auctions. Receive mailing list notifications of auction dates, locations and description of merchandise.

TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS

We provide you with bonded and insured transport companies that specialize in delivering insurance claim vehicles at the best rates. Plus we provide you with customs brokers to assist in importing and exporting vehicles through major seaports worldwide and Canada.

REGISTER AS A MEMBER
CLICK HERE to register now.
CLICK

R E G I S T R A T I O N

We charge a one-time-only registration fee of $15 to provide you with unlimited buying privileges. You will have immediate access to more than 15,000 insurance salvage vehicles each week. Our services are backed with a 100% Money Back Guarantee.

Register in complete confidence, we've operated this site for 10 years and have never had a single security breach. Our online registration form uses the GeoTrust security processors. It is the highest level of security encryption available to instantly process your registration using a credit card. None of your data is recorded. stored or revealed. Or you can register by regular mail.

Register by Credit Card

Register by regular Mail

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...the ole "One Time Fee" site entry.

Hmmmmmm.....

Jim
Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 PM
fauxrs2
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the same ol' buy government confiscated property.. "this house sold for $100... this ferrari was confiscated from a drug dealer and sold for $500" just call this number and we will send you information on how to get the greatest deals ever...

So you call...and they charge tou $100 to send you a phone book of listings to governement agencies who sometimes auction confiscated stuff off...

LOL

no thanks...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
stock76
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh well, if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. I bet all you get for your fifteen bucks is the same thing you could find "googling the internet" on your own.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
international blue
Melting Slicks

Received 2,399 Likes on 1,038 Posts

Those same cars and pictures were there in 2005 when I first saw them. The place will sell "similar" cars, but the actual ones you see may vary from those pictured.

Not to discourage you, but I did not really get a good feeling from the whole thing.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:04 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by international blue
Those same cars and pictures were there in 2005 when I first saw them. The place will sell "similar" cars, but the actual ones you see may vary from those pictured.

Not to discourage you, but I did not really get a good feeling from the whole thing.
He beat me to the punch.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
jdp6000
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid the fee a few years ago. Its a scam somewhat. Once in all they give you is a link to a bunch of scrap yards.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jdp6000
I paid the fee a few years ago. Its a scam somewhat. Once in all they give you is a link to a bunch of scrap yards.
DId everybody get the important part? Here, let me repeat it for you:

Its a scam somewhat.
Is that clear enough? ok, let me repeat the MOST important part:

Its a scam

$15 may be small enough so that most people will just write it off and not complain too loudly... if I can just get a few thousand people to pay me $15 I will be doing ok!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

That sucks. I was excited.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
jdp6000
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PRNDL
DId everybody get the important part? Here, let me repeat it for you:

Is that clear enough? ok, let me repeat the MOST important part:

$15 may be small enough so that most people will just write it off and not complain too loudly... if I can just get a few thousand people to pay me $15 I will be doing ok!

Its worse then just forgetting about the 15 bucks. I was pissed. Tried theie email and there phone numbers...mailbox full....so i gave up.

This is the main site for insurance salvage. http://www.iaai.com/ Its no scam but $200 bucks to join. You can do a search though...just can't get details. At the very least yo will get the location of the auction and if thats near you just drop in.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 w/427 vert $8k---1954 vette $16.5---1966 Stingray make an offer...???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 w/427 vert $8k---1954 vette $16.5---1966 Stingray make an offer...???