Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay Away From Virginia Vettes!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:18 PM
BB72
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

After VV's last post I kinda agree, I thought it was one door panel at $145 going up to $307 afterwards. To me , if I was reading $145/pair I would assume it was a typo or they were used. I can't comment on the service this gentleman got or the other issues on here but it does seem like theres a lot of unsatisfied customers. In order to stay competitive you have to meet the level of service offered by the other suppliers or this will continue to happen.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
pbcanney
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Virginia Vettes
Simply stated we offered door panels for for $145/pr and where the error was the post said per pair where it should of said per each. There was no intentional deception and yes we accept the correction had to be made to the web site. The customer knows that the panels are not for sale by any vendor on this forum or anywhere else for $145/pair.
We offered a full refund and shipping .The customer declined.
We then offered an additional $80 in free parts to make the deal right. He declined again.
I am a crook for this ??? I tried but I give up

When the order was paced at $xxx dollars + shipping and the payment was made, an agreement (sale) was made and your obligation was to fill the order for the amount you stated at the time of the sale and deliver it for the shipping billed and paid.

Once you changed (over billed the agreed sale price) and took, without contacting the buyer, what you considered the new corrected amount, you violated all sorts of anti trust laws. If it was me I'd be filing suits to sue your confederate asses.

If I were you I'd refund the total amount with apologies and let him keep the damn panels.

I'm sure he's encountered emotional pain and suffering as well. Thats always worth a little extra money.

$145 sale to have your name dragged through the mud is priceless.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 PM
TEXASDESERTVETTE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.k I admit that I communicate in a manner that is somewhat difficult to understand..and just because I say the samething over again, but only LOUDER...does not make it any clearer....or, so my Wife says. So saying all of that....Inorder to solve any problem of this nature.....one has to ask themselves is this.... a Product problem?...., a People problem?....,a Place Problem?....,a Price problem?.... or, is it a Process problem??? From a "departed point of view" it appears to be a Process Problem. on both parts, maybe....There have been many great people who have allways said "Trust , But Verify."

Last edited by TEXASDESERTVETTE; 04-19-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 PM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by weimer20
I would simply look into your states laws regarding false advertising as well as unauthorized charges to a credit card. I believe you should have at least been contacted and notified by them PRIOR to them taking the liberty of correcting THEIR mistake by just socking you with a hefty credit card charge. The disclosure on their website may or may not hold water with your states consumer protection laws. I would think differently about this whole thing had they contacted you in some way before charging an amount to your card that you did not agree to.

and can we leave the South out of it?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM
JungleCat
Safety Car

Received 252 Likes on 174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I've never done business with VV but if an ad says something, then the business placing the ad should stand by it. You never blame a customer for a business mistake, just like you don't change the rules during a game. This is all common sense to me.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Cool80
I've never done business with VV but if an ad says something, then the business placing the ad should stand by it. You never blame a customer for a business mistake, just like you don't change the rules during a game. This is all common sense to me.
Exactly. I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems that after 3 pages of this thread that VV probably wishes they would have just ate the difference.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
reggy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by m8rixguy
Love it, so now the customer is the crook? "The customer knows that the panels are not for sale by any vendor on this forum or anywhere else for $145/pair." You should give up, the hole is getting deeper. The fact that you don't even know what you should have done says it all.
Very well said Don't be sorry for that comment..The fact of the matter is the OP tried to straighten things out before he put it on the forum and they said it was his fault that they made a mistake.As some one said before .how many others have they pulled this same scam on?

Last edited by reggy; 04-18-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 PM
pbcanney
Drifting

Originally Posted by L82shark

and can we leave the South out of it?
I apologize. I meant no offense. It's just EVERYONE I know from Virginia doesnt believe the war is over. So I refer to all them as fed-rats and they all call me a damn yankee. (in a huggy lovey way)

I would sue his butt no matter where he was from
Old 04-18-2008, 09:22 PM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Its all cool, I married a Yankee!

And it would **** me off too if they charged my card extra without notifying me first. Should have held shipment until they contacted him to inform him of the error and see what his decision was instead of just charging him.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by BTAL
Don't know about others, but I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.
me either..........

By the way, Va Vettes is at Carlisle every year........BIG display and very $$$....

Last edited by avalonjohn; 04-18-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
reggy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BB72
After VV's last post I kinda agree, I thought it was one door panel at $145 going up to $307 afterwards. To me , if I was reading $145/pair I would assume it was a typo or they were used. I can't comment on the service this gentleman got or the other issues on here but it does seem like theres a lot of unsatisfied customers. In order to stay competitive you have to meet the level of service offered by the other suppliers or this will continue to happen.
So what your saying is Company A sells something for $100.00 company B sells the same thing for $60.00 ,I should buy from company A just in case company B made a mistake.
I wish I had your money so that I didn't have to keep an eye out for a deal on parts.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 PM
reggy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by avalonjohn
me either..........

By the way, Va Vettes is at Carlisle every year........BIG display and very $$$....
I think they have a reputation there too.Lots of "off shore"stuff.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:01 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcanney

When the order was paced at $xxx dollars + shipping and the payment was made, an agreement (sale) was made and your obligation was to fill the order for the amount you stated at the time of the sale and deliver it for the shipping billed and paid.

Once you changed (over billed the agreed sale price) and took, without contacting the buyer, what you considered the new corrected amount, you violated all sorts of anti trust laws. If it was me I'd be filing suits to sue your confederate asses.

If I were you I'd refund the total amount with apologies and let him keep the damn panels.

I'm sure he's encountered emotional pain and suffering as well. Thats always worth a little extra money.

$145 sale to have your name dragged through the mud is priceless.
This made me think of something. I've never looked at the web site, but if it's like most others, you would only have clicked "1" beside the box that said $145/pair. You'd only needed one pair. If a pair were shipped, then there was a knowldge on their part that there was an error. Either a single panel should have been shipped at $145 or the customer should have been informed. Sending two "orders" and charging double was not what the customer ordered and therefore, incorrect.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 PM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

The website still shows them at 145.00 a pair. It doesnt allow you to order online so I couldnt tell anything else.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:20 PM
blckslvr79
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by L82shark
The website still shows them at 145.00 a pair. It doesnt allow you to order online so I couldnt tell anything else.

Hmmmmm: From VV's website right now....
http://www.virginiavettes.com/interi...#DOOR%20PANELS

door panels
58 (Basic)- $208/pr. (Full)-$699/pr.
59 (Basic)- $208/pr. (Full)-$699-pr.
60-64 (Basic)- $208/pr. (Full)-$539/pr.
65-67 (Basic)- $160/pr. (Full)-$578/pr.
68 (Basic)- $199/pr. (Full)-$578/pr.
69 (Basic)- $210/pr. (Full)-$578/pr.
70-77 (Basic)- $145/pr. (Full)-$590/pr.
78-82- $199/pr.

Well let's all order up! $145 a pair is a deal!
3 pages of posters all expecting the same deal should show VV to put up or shut up!

From what I see, a PAIR of 78-82 Door panels is $199.
Pretty clear to me. Or is that each???? I'm confused.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

I'm honestly surprised people here are so trigger happy. It was obviously a mistake. I don't think VV should eat the price, and he did offer a full refund. Why would you install something that you're in the middle of disputing the price? Thats your own fault.

I would love to see any of you in VVs position, and see what you'd say.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:33 PM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

You have to list a phone number on the order form, for what? I would have called the guy and held up doing anything until I heard from the customer!

Get notified of new replies

To Stay Away From Virginia Vettes!!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by foxymophandlpapa
I'm honestly surprised people here are so trigger happy. It was obviously a mistake. I don't think VV should eat the price, and he did offer a full refund. Why would you install something that you're in the middle of disputing the price? Thats your own fault.

Dick is being crucified here on the forum....You eleminate the small vendors and you are stuck with the big guys.. How many of you hate WalMart? Same concern... Dave
Old 04-18-2008, 10:56 PM
m8rixguy
Instructor

He said he didn't find out until he got his credit card bill. And it seems as though you are the only one here who wants to defend their mistake. Why do you think we are on this forum? Knowledge, info, help and knowing who one can trust and NOT trust.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 PM
pbcanney
Drifting

Originally Posted by foxymophandlpapa

what mistake?

VV took DOUBLE the money from him without contacting him. Mistake, no. more like intentional THEFT.

The price may have been wrong, but BEFORE the panels were billed and shipped, they should have contacted the buyer to inform him they were TAKING double what was quoted (advertised) and allowed him the option of cancelling the order.

Next time I place an on line order (and I order 90% of my purchases from online web sites) should I call every one of them first to see if I should pay more?

ecommerce is not the novelty it was in 1998. It is the absolute future.

{edit} I like Walmart and Sears and Best Buy and McDonalds and and and and and{/edit}

Last edited by pbcanney; 04-18-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Stay Away From Virginia Vettes!!!!!