Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet, sweet, sweet Hooker sidepipes!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM
jrl77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Extremly nice !!!!! Hookers should be on all non-factory outfitted vetts.

Enjoy them and tape a vidio with sound a.s.p.

JRL77
Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vettesbydesign
Dean.....I believe that Jack got ahold of you,and thanked you,but I wanted to say that you covers you made for us ROCKS!!!!Very nice,and you are truly a craftsman.
Also....I have to say that when I got them....I was screwed up,and you are the first person that has sent me something from overseas. It took me a second,then I was ahhhhh....Bangkok Dean.
Sorry OP.....you should holler at Dean for some of his covers.NICE!!!
Thanks and please do send me pictures when done..........
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM
'71VetteRacer
Instructor

well guys, my dad isn't really entirely happy with the Hooker Maxflows any more.....they are just too loud for him, and on the edge for me. Yes, Corvettes beg to be loud, but they are just too loud, and the sound waves seem to just shake all of the windows, and things that don't fit perfectly.....
For those experts out there, are there any other options for slip in mufflers, other than MaxFlows and the STS spiral baffles. I'm not tooo concerned on a huge power killer, as it has so much already......

And as of now, the Jet-Hot coated headers and sidepipes aren't really hot enough to do too much damage to my dad and I, so I'd say the covers would make it look less like a race car!

I also have way too cheap of a camera to get a good sound clip...sorry guys!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 854 Likes on 625 Posts

Your quietest option is the Reverse Flow Hookers, but beware. On a 350 wheel horsepower motor, I lost 96 horsepower with them. In fact, on the dyno, I guess I didn't have one of the tubes fastened tight enough, I blew a sidetube off. Sent the guys in the shop running for cover. I would just be done with it and get a set of STS Baffles and leave them capped. Still quiet but won't lose the horsepower.

Bill

Last edited by 69ttop502; 05-13-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
'71VetteRacer
Instructor

Okay I think I might just have to do that, since I like to bring it up to about 3.5k RPM for a standard shift, about 6.5k when I'm getting on it really hard, and the STS seem to just have really nasty (a good thing!) sound at high RPM....

Anyone tried the Seet Tunder mufflers...I was going to order the original look sidepipes from them, but the Hookers look better (aint that an oxymoron )

Quick Reply: Sweet, sweet, sweet Hooker sidepipes!