Sponsored by:

WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:54 PM
OogieBoogie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbeall1968
You could buy a prius tomorrow, but she will still wake up fat and ugly.
Hey!!!! Ain't nothing wrong with being fat and ugly!!!! I'm hurt
Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 PM
dbeall1968
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By ugly I meant on the inside- I have seen some beautiful women who were as ugly as they come. The fat thing is a judgement call- sorry if you feel offended
Old 07-07-2008, 06:50 AM
mstanton
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This issue really makes me angry becuase it threatens the freedom which our country is based on. It's no ones business what I choose to drive because I make the choice for me. Maybe my corvette only gets 10 mpg, but I drive it less than 3000 miles a year. Maybe the snooty lady drives a car that gets 40 mpg (unlikely) but drives 15,000 per year (she probably drives more). Who is using more gas? Her. Same thing with my SUV. Yes it gets crappy gas mileage, but I've got a wife, 3 kids, and 2 dogs. We're not going to fit in a small car. Over the last 6 years I've put a little over 10K per year on the SUV. Yet some snob that drives a car that gets "good" mpg but puts 3 times the mileage on the car can tell me that I'm being wasteful.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 AM
pbcanney
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jims79
Took the vette for a nice long ride this 4th. Ended at my friends beach house in manasquan nj for the fire works & a few beers. However while I was inching along in slow traffic w/a 1000 people walking in the street some big mouth woman yells. "What kind of MPG's does 'THAT' thing get"! in a very disapproving voice. Well I looked at the fat pig and her fat azz kids while stopped in traffic & she was standing there waiting for an answer. (Like I was wasting her gas). I said in a half kidding voice (unlike hers) about the same as your SUV. Well she didn't thing that was too funny but her kids did.

Why do some people hate the vette so much?
my response would have been= "I'd rather feed this, than feed your fat ***"
Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Whenever I see a comment from anyone obese, I simply let them know that they are using up more than their fair share of oxygen, and space on the planet.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy to tell people that it costs $96 to fill up my tank, and even happier to let them know that I get around 9-10MPG. Gas could be $10/gal here like it has been in Europe.

High gas prices are the best thing to happen to this country since the 70's oil embargo. It's forcing automakers to stop making gas guzzling SUV's for lard butt soccer moms, and it's forcing our government to re-think the ban on drilling off shore and in the deserted wasteland that is ANWAR.

Here's to burning more of our own fuel!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,731 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Two words- WEALTH ENVY!!!

You worked hard to EARN enough money to buy a car you just drive on nice days and weekends. You worked hard getting your Vette in great shape. You weren't LUCKY to GET your Vette- YOU EARNED it!

Now- go and ENJOY it-and ask the "weight impared female dog" -"Don't I know you?".... Then when she looks like a deer in the headlights - you say - "Now I remember-The Jerry Springer Show!!!"
Old 07-07-2008, 09:59 AM
cargo247
Drifting

Originally Posted by Richard454
Two words- WEALTH ENVY!!!

You worked hard to EARN enough money to buy a car you just drive on nice days and weekends. You worked hard getting your Vette in great shape. You weren't LUCKY to GET your Vette- YOU EARNED it!

Now- go and ENJOY it-and ask the "weight impared female dog" -"Don't I know you?".... Then when she looks like a deer in the headlights - you say - "Now I remember-The Jerry Springer Show!!!"
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
toastyhandshake
Racer

All vette gas expenses are catagorized as "fun" in my budget. I have never been asked how many miles I get, nor have I been critizised for it (I did give it full throttle in front of a prius while merging onto the highway yesterday). If someone does ask me Ill tell them around 15, then give it a healthy rev, and then say "this tank will only be 10."
Old 07-08-2008, 08:11 AM
OogieBoogie
Racer

Originally Posted by dbeall1968
By ugly I meant on the inside- I have seen some beautiful women who were as ugly as they come. The fat thing is a judgement call- sorry if you feel offended
I was simply poking fun. No offense taken at all.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 AM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Well for most of us our Vette is our toy.....and I for one have worked too long too hard and too far away where I couldn't even have one there if I could have wanted it.

Forget what other people say and think,,,,,it's you that counts in the end. Me and my big butt are vey proud of you guys and all your opinions!

r/wdd

Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 AM
mr mctavish
Instructor

i get about 3 hours drive time per tank, at $90 a tank, I say I get $30 per hour to any who ask
Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Jim,
In every society there are people who feel it is their sworn duty to stick their noses into other people's private business as a function of "safeguarding the public interest". These people are generally referred to as "Democrats". I think you may have encountered one of these poor, bitter wretches. You should have asked her about the burden she is putting on the health care structure of our society by being a fat a$$ed swine. That could have launched a meaningful discussion wherein some mutuality of interest and concern could have been identified. You know.....an educational moment.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Red 71
Pro

Location: Melbourne, Fla. 6 months- New Middletown, Ohio 6 months

A lot of the same people that will rag on you about mileage with the high gas prices will then turn around and walk into the convenience store and pay over a buck for a 20 oz. bottle of water that is nothing more in most cases than filtered water from a municipal water supply.

I have no problem with someone buying bottled water, but we need to keep it in prospective!

I gallon = 128 oz. divided by 20 oz = 6.4 bottles @ $1.00 a bottle!!!!!

Remember what Evian spelled backwards is!!

Last edited by Red 71; 07-08-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Ron R
Drifting

The people who complain about gas prices are the same people who sit in the drive-thru line for Starbucks every morning for 20 minutes, with the engine running, so they can pay $45 a gallon for coffee.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron R
The people who complain about gas prices are the same people who sit in the drive-thru line for Starbucks every morning for 20 minutes, with the engine running, so they can pay $45 a gallon for coffee.
Ain't that the truth.

Shoulda told her "alot better MPG then it would with the extra weight of you driving it"
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM
luerja
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jims79
Took the vette for a nice long ride this 4th. Ended at my friends beach house in manasquan nj for the fire works & a few beers. However while I was inching along in slow traffic w/a 1000 people walking in the street some big mouth woman yells. "What kind of MPG's does 'THAT' thing get"! in a very disapproving voice. Well I looked at the fat pig and her fat azz kids while stopped in traffic & she was standing there waiting for an answer. (Like I was wasting her gas). I said in a half kidding voice (unlike hers) about the same as your SUV. Well she didn't thing that was too funny but her kids did.

Why do some people hate the vette so much?

Driving my car in downtown San Francisco is sometimes a challenge on weekends... every couple weeks there is always a protest agenst the war, oil, fur, trees, tibet, gay rights, the president...etc. There has been a couple times I thought this was going to get ugly if they touch my car, but that doesn't stop me from driving down there.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by luerja
Driving my car in downtown San Francisco is sometimes a challenge on weekends... every couple weeks there is always a protest agenst the war, oil, fur, trees, tibet, gay rights, the president...etc. There has been a couple times I thought this was going to get ugly if they touch my car, but that doesn't stop me from driving down there.
Damn thats one gorgeous ride, love the stance!

Get notified of new replies

To WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette

Old 07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
ChrisMiami
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ron R
the only way we're ever going to get rid of oil is if we run out of it, so we all need to do our part to use up all of the oil as fast as we can.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
justaguy10825
Instructor

I simply would have told her that until she started filling my tank for me it was none of her freekin business! And then told her that it probably consumes less than she does! Good Grief!!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by luerja
Is it just me, or does that car look awfully small compared to the background?

Quick Reply: WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette