C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip-in rocker channel replacement?? ZIP??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
MoneyPit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slip-in rocker channel replacement?? ZIP??

Somewhat of a continuation of another thread. I am in the process of replacing some metal around the number 3 body mounts. The channel appears to be good about half way through the channel from number 2 (front to rear). However, number 3 is gone, vamoose, out of here, nothing but air. I have a couple of questions that I have not been able to answer from the old threads.

My question is, has anyone used the ZIP/Paragon (I think Paragon must be the manufacturer, b/c ZIP was "out of stock") drop-in channels. They are advertised as being able to leave the predominant amount of material from the old channel in place. This includes the front and rear kick-ups (for lack of a better term) where the body bolts go through the channel. For the rear, it is advertised that you merely cut the bottom out of the old rear portion of the channel, and slip the new one into place (then weld). In looking at Redwing's and CWCOOP's pages, they cut the old channel out, and replaced the whole thing?????

I have had pretty good luck with ZIP. Seem to be decent enough guys despite their probs with the good DOC. However, I called a couple of days ago, and must have gotten the C6 expert. I was asking him about the slip-in rocker channel replacement, and all I got was crickets on the other end. He basically just read the catalog description, and that was all he could do.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I got mine from Caladonia, worked great.
Call Gary
(800) 245-5224
Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 PM
MoneyPit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will call Caledonia tomorrow. Are the ones you installed as I described, or do you remove the entire old one.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 PM
NMT1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I just lifted my body off tonight. See my Avitar. Im going to buy the full length channels for sure but I think my kickups are good. The main channel looks like it will come out easily. I drilled out the rivets and its loose. I plan on mig welding from underneath, but if I see the kickups are bad, out they go...
Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 AM
69L46vert
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Caledonia is the manufacturer of the inserts. Gary is great to deal with. If you buy direct from him you get a better set of instructions too. Rick

Get notified of new replies

To slip-in rocker channel replacement?? ZIP??

Quick Reply: slip-in rocker channel replacement?? ZIP??