C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:20 PM
bluegoosed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my short stint on this forum I have consistently seen this vendor defending his rude actions. Just do a search and see, it's comical! Each thread goes in to what went wrong and each response is a very well thought out response. Maybe you should engage your noggin before you spout off.

I have never purchased from them and I won't! I don't care how good the parts are, there is no excuse for continued disrespect of people in general. This seems to be a continued problem with this company. Telling a customer he is whining, or what ever is just creating an excuse for your own attitude. I think you need therapy!

I don't understand anyone defending this! "and if for a second anyone thinks phone orders with a bunch of numbnutz on the phone all day is a easy job....you nucking futz...."

So we are numbutz huh! Your the numbutz! Drawings and diagrams go out the window when you treat people like meet!

Last edited by bluegoosed; 12-26-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Skip Burney
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Theiskell
No flaming intended here foxymophandlpapa

That would be enough for me…I come from the south where you are taught to be polite, especially if someone is doing you a favor. To me any customer is doing that vendor a favor by buying from them. If someone is rude to me that’s It, I don’t care how hard it is to find. I have heard this same story several times here on the forum and I am glad to know who not to deal with. There are to many vendors that bend over backwards for us and deserve the business.
So let me get this straight YOU are taking my money and when there is a problem you are gonna talk to me like a dog. I DON`T THINK SO. I really don`t give a rats *** what your personality trait is I AM THE CUSTOMER. If I call with a bad attitude then you have a right to to be " gruff" but if I am acting decently and you talk to me that way not only will I never buy from you again you had better hope we never meet face to face somewhere.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 PM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mrvette
OH, Doc will easily outlive GM themselves at this rate.....

he was making parts for vettes and making sense of the vette hobby before Duntov retired yet, even..... if not for the Doc's drawings and diagrams, and knowledge this hobby would be much further behind......

and if for a second anyone thinks phone orders with a bunch of numbnutz on the phone all day is a easy job....you nucking futz....

Doc, you reading this, it's been a LONG time since we talked, but you had a break and we chatted some years ago.....

take care man.....

Help me get what you typed, straight.........
Doc R has the right to be nasty, arrogant, self righteous, and just plain sh!tty to people, because he has/makes good parts? Is that what I'm getting from you?

I have very good friends, but if either of us gets outta line, we'll tell each other about it. I'm not backing anybody just because you're my friend. That's called integrity, instilled by my father, further enhanced by the USAF.

Do the right thing even when you know that no one is watching, even in the deepest, darkest places.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:56 PM
bluegoosed
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigBlockTank
Doc R has the right to be nasty, arrogant, self righteous, and just plain sh!tty to people, because he has/makes good parts? Is that what I'm getting from you?

I have very good friends, but if either of us gets outta line, we'll tell each other about it. I'm not backing anybody just because you're my friend. That's called integrity, instilled by my father, further enhanced by the USAF.

Do the right thing even when you know that no one is watching, even in the deepest, darkest places.
Smokin Joe should smoke him on Monday and tell him to rebuild his attitude! Telling people to go somewhere else is not being spiteful and I don't understand mrvette or foxymophandlpapa defending his actions. Yes he may be a very knowledgeable person but obviously he needs to muffle his mouth!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:57 PM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes, when I'm having a bad day, and I am a bit rough over the phone for some reason when buying a part or just conducting business, and the other company rep is professional, and still makes the outcome in my favor, They get my loyalty. If, on the other hand, the company is rude or uncaring, they loose my business, Too many other vendors out there that are considerate of my $$$ and time- Van Steel, Willcox,, etc...
Old 12-27-2008, 12:40 AM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Unlike some of the posters, I appreciate these kinds of posts. Unless I missed something, I never heard geoff deny his conversation or appologize. Almost every other vendor I have seen post on the forum seems to have some concept of customer service.

A post such as this doesn't keep me from trying a vendor. Numerous posts like this about the same vendor, same person and same response does make me sit up and take notice.

I wouldn't be calling back Monday to straighten it out, I'd be calling the cc and making sure the charge is canceled. There is no way that I would pay anyone to be talked to like this.

Regardless of the few that seem to appreciate rude behavior to a customer, I thank you for making us aware of a companies customer service.

In regards to vendors, if the only thing that is suppose to be shared on these forums is the positive recommendations then I'm in the wrong place.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlockTank

Didn't say that at ALL, but then again neither of us was privy to the conversations were we??

second off, I been dealing with the public in their homes for some 40 years in businesses, and 5 years as a tech rep....

I just don't take some stuff as hard as other of a more sensitive nature, I suppose....too much of a tech/engineer to get involved with psych out or personality crap.....

Old 12-27-2008, 01:18 AM
therealfirechief
Advanced

i'm with skip om this one. the customer service is the thing. i have had a few bad scenarios like this and showed up on the doorstep to settle it face to face. not saying you should do that bro, but i'm glad he didn't do that to me, cuz we'd be meeting. thanks for the heads up, that is EXACTLY what this forum is for. there are lots of vendors, and zip is great by the way and most likely will have what you need.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 AM
FB007
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Doc Rebuild
We don’t ship to addresses that don’t address verify with the commonly used AVS software. Plain and simple it’s prevents mail order FRAUD on remote credit cards sales.

We try to match the credit cards to the provided address 3 times with our credit card point of sale terminals. If that fails, we call the credit card clearing house and ask them to confirm that the address provided does or does not match the address we were given for that credit card.

If that fails, we send a postcard to the address we were provided. If the provided credit card does not match the address and zip code, we simply don’t ship no matter how much you whine or question our company policy or why this or why that. It sure does prevent credit card fraud

GC
Just sounds like a no BS, honest answer to me.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Doc Rebuild
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody will work the day after Christmas. Any holiday falling on a Thursday ensures Friday will not be staffed, even if people have to take a personal day, Most running a business are aware of that unwritten holiday rule and that why you got me on the phone today. Otherwise you’re a fabricator, like the fellow telling your brothers to call and getting me. That never happened.

You want Brenda, call back Monday. If that isn’t good enough you can try and badger me as I call forward my lines on those occasions, but I cannot make anyone’s credit card match. Some think that by arguing they will magically get their way. I never raise my voice. I don’t get excited. I’m polite, but I’m not coerced into changing a mismatched AVS sale. Arguing or challenging a mismatch credit card won’t change any of that data.

FYI your credit card numbers have a logarithm or formula that is mathematically verified by their proprietary software. It’s used by any merchant in any credit card point of sale processing terminal like a Zon terminal. It matters not whether the card is swiped or punched in manually – the c/card software will not accept an incorrect card number. The last four digits are what is commonly called a checksum. They will verify the integrity of a card number as being of the formula that MC use or Visa uses, or AMEX uses, etc. You cannot just create any number and get it to verify as a credit card. Your check sum was valid that’s why I confirmed the last 4 digits and the address and zip code. If the expiration date is not accurate, the terminal will not access the AVS entry area of the program.

That’s the first step. The final is the matching of the street number (or po box number) with the matching zip code for the person that OWN that card. The mere act of having a credit card accepted into the terminal, means it’s a good number. but it doesn’t mean it will address verify. No match = no sale and that means nobody was ever charged.

Why no match: many people don’t know where their bill arrives if they have a PO box or a business or two homes or several credit cards. Many people don’t know their zip code, many people don’t know that their zip code was changed by the post office or don’t bother to update the info with the bank – or they have moved – or the bill goes to mommy and daddy’s address or a college dorm. Many possibilities over which we have NO control or even the remotest knowledge.

What can we do about that: absolutely nothing. Only the actual card holder can change or verify the accuracy of any bank information. If it’s wrong the credit card clearing house will NOT tell us why. The credit card clearing house will merely tell us it matches or it doesn’t match. We don’t yell or curse at them when they won’t verify an account. It does no good,

We have a very simple company policy. It’s 2 pages in length, clear, concise. Demanding of me to know why they were not called back instead of written to at the address you provided actually has a very practical benefit – it verifies that address. If you got the post card, then we know that address actually exists. Calling phone numbers, particularly cell phones doesn’t provide any security check whatsoever. If you want to develop your own companies verification policies, that’s fine. But your not going to tell others how they verify their account information unless you will agree to cover the fraudulent sales.

Solution: verify your own information with the bank issuing your credit card. Complaining on the CF only ensures you will not get anything via any credit card. Once you try to harm us, it’s prepay only if you cannot be verified or we refuse service as many companies will do. Spending money does not entitle anyone to be pushy or obnoxious or to curse. And why is someone only permitted to present their one side?

I’ve been in this business 30 year and 6 years in another and you can please some of the people only, no matter what. Anyone who does not get their way, when it’s not company policy are automatically branded as rude. What else can they complain about? They did not get any parts because their c/card would not pass AVS. You can’t complain about a sale that simply didn’t happen.

We once had a clever mobile windshield glass installer, call us, use the woman credit card who was paying him for the windshield install. He ordered next day air and we shipped to the location of one of his following days install. Complete loss and we never shipped air to any new account ever again.

Another time we has a DC cop who moonlighted as a guard at as medical college library in DC where surgeons would come to re-train and would purchase textbooks and material via their credit cards. That guard used the doctor’s credit cards to order and we shipped to the library, but we didn’t know it was a library. He reordered several times using different numbers and we never caught that either. But then one was declined and another charged back so we called the phone number we had and another guard answered. We asked him who had the 68 Corvette and he said that “oh Joe Blow” since we did not have the guard right name. The c/card company got the Secret Service involved when it was cop and he went to prison besides loosing his job. The Secret Service agent actually contacted us and said we would be repaid. I knew better from past experiences, but I was shocked when we were repaid months later. And that it the only time that ever happened.

Clever eh? Today No match = No sale, no matter how much you can write or complain on the CF. I did not realize so many of you were listening in on today’s phone call. You fellows are too sensational and ingenious as one after another invents one heinous charge after another “nasty, arrogant, self righteous, and just plain sh!tty to people, treating them like meet”. You left out the main one: he wouldn’t trust me on a bad credit card match.

I’m apprehensive of shipping anything to anyone here. I’ll pass on that heartburn. If your notified that your credit card does not AVS match, you don’t need to do anything but provide the information that the bank will accept. Anything else gets you no sale. Now some obscure threat. That’s sad. This is really shows what a great group of mature adults we have here, right? Yeeeesh. Goodbye.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Smokin Joe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for your response Geoff. I never threatened you nor have I fabricated any part of our interaction as you suggest. You came highly recommended by several members and I was more than happy to deal with you. Again, Brenda was very helpful when I spoke with her.

What is very disappointing in this situation, and what I have repeatedly commented on, was the way you interacted with me on the phone and your method of notification. You were more than rude on the phone. No, you didn't swear and neither did I. Neither of us raised our voices. Your terse, short, uninformative answers were enough. Additionally, I did not try and get you to change anything relating to the transaction. I asked you to review my card/address information.

My issue with your notification is that it was not timely. I could have clarified the card information if it was run at the time of purchase, or even provided a different card. (As a sidenote, I will be very interested to find out on Monday from my bank and Brenda what the issue with the card is, considering it seems to work with multiple other vendors. Maybe it has been compromised and I owe you some degree of appreciation for the notice). Your stated reason for notifying me by postcard was, in your words, "Expense," and, "we don't do that," referring to a phone call. You didn't mention a security reason or a company policy to that effect. Again, I would have easily accepted your reasons.

Again, the point of this post was never about the credit card issue, though you have tried to make it that way. I don't have a problem with your credit card security measures. In fact, I appreciate them. You could have easily told me this on the telephone, and we wouldn't be having a "public discussion" to clear things up.

Your reputation and knowledge precede you, and no one is questioning your number of years in this "industry". If you don't want to answer the phone after Christmas, why would you forward the phone line that you asked me to call and then answer it? I simply tried to do what you asked. This thread has definitely grown into a monster and was not my intention. The forum is our only recourse to deal with our purchases, past and future. Other members and I use it to perpetuate our own hobbies and businesses. Word of mouth on here works both ways, which I know you are aware of. Imagine what kind of an a$$ I would have looked like if you had responded with, "hey, there must have been some confusion on the phone, call me back and I can explain everything to you"...or, "Hey look, it's the day after Christmas, and no one works. The phones are forwarded to my phone number as a policy and I couldn't help you at the time of the call...." Or even better, imagine the post saying, "hey forum members, check out my great experience with Doc Rebuild on a holiday weekend no less," based on a more constructive and positive phone conversation.

Some people have made good comments on both sides, others have added their .02 cents as happens on the forum.

Have a good night Geoff, Merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by foxymophandlpapa
No, I would suggest you be a man about it and move on. There's been numerous posts about Geoff's attitude, but like Alan pointed out, he seems to have parts that no one else does.
Yes,move on to another parts vender that doesnt treat customers like dirt.Once again,If you dont mind kissing some a$$ to get that hard to find part then by all means,have at itWhat this comes down to is the guy was a jerk and he has no business treating customers like this.He will never see one doller from me I can tell ya that
Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 AM
JBinUTAH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by milo30

In regards to vendors, if the only thing that is suppose to be shared on these forums is the positive recommendations then I'm in the wrong place.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:08 AM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me just say, everybody has a bad day. no one wants to be answering the phone the day after Christmas. I would think that if Doc Rebuild (Goeff) agreed that he wasn't in the best of spirits and the O/P agreed he was a bit sensitive about the order, due to it coinciding with his vacation, we would all be better served. Perhaps if D/R agree to overnight the parts ASAP, we could all move on, lessons learned all around. I don't think a guy ought to be castrated over a security decision and a bad meal. C.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:20 AM
aworks
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm coming into this alittle late. 1st off you are not going to get anybody to do anything the day after xmas. My shop was open on Fri. but most of my vendors where not. So when Goeff said to call back on Monday I'm sure he knew he could not get any info for you till then.

Brenda and Debbie (who is Goeff's wife) are great people to deal with. It's very rare you get Goeff on the phone. Goeff has his own style and just gives it to you strait. I do the same thing with my customers. I would not call it rude but some do take it that way.

Posting on here not to buy from the Doc or any vendor due to something like this is . Call back on monday and deal with it.

I can see if you paid and never got your parts or was told to go pound sand, but you where not. I'm sure the your parts will be what they should be and all will be well.

I can't see bad mouthing a guy or his business for something so minor.

Brian G.

PS I'll be placing an order with the good Doc next week. I buy Alot from them and am always very happy with the results.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 AM
racervette69
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

this is similar to a Seinfeld episode, over the best soup in NYC.

NO C3 PARTS FOR YOU!!!!,,,,,2 YEARS!!!!

Last edited by racervette69; 12-27-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 AM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

Received 100 Likes on 92 Posts

i've done business with Doc for several years, and have no complaints.
i just wish that they would e-mail tracking numbers!

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:57 AM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racervette69
this is similar to a Seinfeld episode, over the best soup in NYC.

NO C3 PARTS FOR YOU!!!!,,,,,2 YEARS!!!!

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:31 AM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by bluegoosed
Telling people to go somewhere else is not being spiteful and I don't understand mrvette or foxymophandlpapa defending his actions
You probably missed the part where I said I don't condone his actions. Nor do I condone people flaming vendors and trying to hurt their business for something so minor.

Originally Posted by Doc Rebuild
Otherwise you’re a fabricator, like the fellow telling your brothers to call and getting me. That never happened.
Thats what you think!

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Yes,move on to another parts vender that doesnt treat customers like dirt.Once again,If you dont mind kissing some a$$ to get that hard to find part then by all means,have at itWhat this comes down to is the guy was a jerk and he has no business treating customers like this.He will never see one doller from me I can tell ya that
To each their own.

Originally Posted by aworks
Posting on here not to buy from the Doc or any vendor due to something like this is . Call back on monday and deal with it.

I can see if you paid and never got your parts or was told to go pound sand, but you where not. I'm sure the your parts will be what they should be and all will be well.

I can't see bad mouthing a guy or his business for something so minor.

Brian G.
This is my exact point. Until there is loss of money or abundance in time, these posts should not occur.

Sounds like both DOC and Joe got their words in, IBTL...
Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 AM
dbeall1968
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify... Being from the south does not make you well mannered, and being from the north, or west, or east,does not mean you are rude. I hope all involved work it out and move on. Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.