C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:26 PM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbeall1968
Just to clarify... Being from the south does not make you well mannered, and being from the north, or west, or east,does not mean you are rude. I hope all involved work it out and move on. Happy New Year!
Amen.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Ed Campbell
Racer

I have still heard no remorse from the Doctor for his attitude but much about his "company policy".Evidently the policy applies to all employees except the good Doctor as far as decent behavior. What that tells me is he does not care if you buy from him or not. I get the impression that he and some forum contributors feel he get pass because of his contribution to the hobby. Everybody who wants to deal with him will have to weight that in their own decisions. I personally think he is out of line but if only he has the part or information I need I will tolerate just about anyghing to get it and go happly on my way feeling I am the one who gained.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:36 PM
JBinUTAH
Intermediate

Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
tnovot
Racer

Originally Posted by milo30
Unlike some of the posters, I appreciate these kinds of posts. Unless I missed something, I never heard geoff deny his conversation or appologize. Almost every other vendor I have seen post on the forum seems to have some concept of customer service.
A post such as this doesn't keep me from trying a vendor. Numerous posts like this about the same vendor, same person and same response does make me sit up and take notice.
I wouldn't be calling back Monday to straighten it out, I'd be calling the cc and making sure the charge is canceled. There is no way that I would pay anyone to be talked to like this.
Regardless of the few that seem to appreciate rude behavior to a customer, I thank you for making us aware of a companies customer service.
In regards to vendors, if the only thing that is suppose to be shared on these forums is the positive recommendations then I'm in the wrong place.
Ditto. There is NOTHING I need that bad that I would allow myself to be degraded by a parts supplier or anyone else. But then, maybe I respect myself too much to take undeserved B.S.
Terry
Old 12-27-2008, 04:37 PM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

And the hits keep coming.............................
Old 12-27-2008, 06:11 PM
0Road-Race Vette
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nothing to do with this thread, but own a business my self and think that how you treat your customers is EVERYTHING.

If any of my employees ever treated one of my customers with anything less than the utmost respect( I dont care what the customer was saying), They would be fired.

I, my self , will not have any dealings with people who are rude. I dont care what they have that I need, or vice versa.

Respect for the people who give you $$$$ , ultimately feeding your family ,is Priority One.

Now, if a customer is rude to you , you need to bite your tongue, and gracefully bow out of the situation.

That is proper business owner etiquette, and I dont care where you are from.

There are two sides to every story, and I am no judge of who is right or wrong.

Maybe if people didnt fly off the handle, situations like these would never get to this point. The best thing to do is always exercise restraint, and if things dont work out and no $$$$ has been lost, walk away. If it is a financial issue, there are legal ways to go about things.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Ed Campbell
Racer

Only the individual can degrade himself. This is a phone call and I don't get that he is trying to degrade anyone. Just a grouch who is giving bad customer service and is insignificant in the larger picture.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Holy cow, I can't believe this thread is STILL going!!!

This must be a record for a "Doc Rebuild" thread!!

IBTL!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

Both sides vented and gave their opinion so I would think it's time for the Moderator to step in.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,244 Likes on 965 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Doc Rebuild
Nobody will work the day after Christmas. Any holiday falling on a Thursday ensures Friday will not be staffed
Greed, that's why DR answered the phone on Friday, if the OP was placing an order I'm sure you would have been open for that!
Willcox is always on this forum with help, illustrations and accurate information and discounts to CF members.
He gets my business. PG.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Raphiki
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

After reading all this crap I have come to one conclusion: I just deleted Doc Rebuild from the list of vendors I will use. I have been in business for 15 years and have never treated a customer so poorly. If Brenda is treating customer properly and politely and this Geoff is being such a D!CKHEAD maybe Brenda should also be looking elsewhere. With the economy being what it is and companies in trouble everywhere customers are like gold! You treat them well or they go away. So bye bye Doc!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:26 AM
68L71
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Man…Doc sure does get everyone’s panties in a bunch.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:07 AM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Thread closed per Original Posters request.

Quick Reply: Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.