Sponsored by:

My Patriot Lake Sidepipe install, pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
77454corve
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side pipes

hey i got a 77 with long tube headers and i wanna do basically the same thing as you is it possible with my headers and where can i get them. also i already have the muffler eliminators on so i still want the car to be loud if not louder.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
auavette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bangkok Dean
I am happy to hear that you are happy with my shields. I believe you have the new Plain & Simple design that has only one row of slots but most mount them on opposite sides so the slots are on the top near the rocker panels leaving a smooth side view of there pipes. Now that i see them mounted that way they still look good.

The shields are excellent, have them on my 76 vette with blown 496.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 PM
vettlag
Instructor

Default patriot sidepipes

what lenth are the total lenth of patriot header style pipes there are three I'm thinking rather 63 or 73 looking to order tonite thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 AM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by vettlag
what lenth are the total lenth of patriot header style pipes there are three I'm thinking rather 63 or 73 looking to order tonite thanks
73 is too long. Use the 63
Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
duganj1
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default patriot side pipes

I wanted to know what you thought of your patriot side pipes that you had on your corvette. Im wanting to do the same thing, because I don't want to put out the money for a hooker set. Besides the hastle of putting them on what did you like or dislike about them? Im also wanting to quiet them alot are there any recommendations on that?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:00 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by duganj1
I wanted to know what you thought of your patriot side pipes that you had on your corvette. Im wanting to do the same thing, because I don't want to put out the money for a hooker set. Besides the hastle of putting them on what did you like or dislike about them? Im also wanting to quiet them alot are there any recommendations on that?
They are really nice pipes, very inexpensive, and really not too hard to put on. Look good, sound good, and not too loud. But they are not full pipes as only one of the four pipes are used, the other three are cosmedic. I wouldnt use these if your car has a lot of horsepower. But for stock or close they are a great option. I took them off because I upgraded my engine to over 400hp.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:54 PM
k5ride
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the install tips and pics dmeesq. They really helped. I just installed a set of these patriots on my 79 C3. Your pics and details saved me a lot of time and work. I managed to install them high enough to not have any clearance problems and I did not have to trim the rocker covers. Some reviews stated these were too quiet. I thought they were just right, maybe a bit on the loud side. It took 1 hour on the first side and about 15 minutes on the other, due to knowing what to do on the second side. I love them with my stock engine. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: My Patriot Lake Sidepipe install, pics